Private message limits increased from 50 to 200; also folder limits increased

News concerning the site.

Postby Wesley » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 pm

One thing that has always annoyed me about forums is the default limit of 50 messages. If you get into just a couple of lively conversations you'll be deleting and moving private messages once a day or more. Also, for those neat freaks out there, sometimes there is a limit on folders that you can create to manage your messages. The default for this forum was 4 folders.

I've increased the maximum private messages that you can have to 200. I've also increased the folders that you can have to 10. That should be enough to make things comfortable, but still encourage folks to clear out messages once in a while. You can, of course, export your messages from your private message area so that you never lose valuable communication. I have many cherished private message conversations that I exported from other forums to keep safely on my own local systems.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with the new numbers.
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Private message limits increased from 50 to 200; also folder limits increased

Postby Sara » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 am

I want 26 folders so I can sort by alphabet!

I'm kidding, though. I think you've done a great job!
Love always wins.
Sara

Re: Private message limits increased from 50 to 200; also folder limits increased

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:29 am

Sara wrote:I want 26 folders so I can sort by alphabet!

I know people who do that in Outlook for their emails. Or they have a folder for each person and they manually drag emails into them. Makes me want to scream. It's like cutting up a dictionary and then sorting the cutouts alphabetically. Outlook has dynamic search folders and a great indexing system!! *sigh* :cry:

But in this case, we could do 26 folders if you reallllly want. :P

Sara wrote:I'm kidding, though. I think you've done a great job!

You tease! And thanks! I'm knocking out quick wins before I strap in for some big changes and gritty work under the hood whenever I can get the time.
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Forum News and Events