Email to the AOL.com domain is now flowing, but slowed

News concerning the site.

Postby Wesley » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Those who signed up with an email address @AOL.com were not receiving any email. This was because AOL is respectably picky about how it will accept email. No rDNS record existed for the email server that this forum uses to send all email notifications through. That's taken care of and I can see that mail is flowing to AOL.com, however mail is rate limited as per AOL's further pickiness concerning sending email servers: http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.Er ... p#421dynt1 That's a good thing though, so I'm not complaining. If only every mail system was so picky.

Anyone who uses an @AOL.com email address will need to check their spam folder for emails from ChattyChristians.com. Also, emails might not be instantaneous like they are for other domains. You could have many minutes of delay between when a topic is updated and when you receive the email notification.
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Email to the AOL.com domain is now flowing, but slowed

Postby Zombie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:47 am

I've noticed a delay of a few minutes with my gmail.com account as well. I dunno if that means anything, but just FYI. It doesn't really matter to me that there's a 2-3 minute delay.
Zombie

Re: Email to the AOL.com domain is now flowing, but slowed

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 am

Zombie wrote:I've noticed a delay of a few minutes with my gmail.com account as well. I dunno if that means anything, but just FYI. It doesn't really matter to me that there's a 2-3 minute delay.

Odd. I checked the postfix maillog and communication to gmail is hovering around 1.0 seconds from the time mail hits the local queue to the time the transmission to Gmail's servers is complete.
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Forum News and Events