And one more site outage - same general issue, but we've moved to a new provider!

News concerning the site.

And one more site outage - same general issue, but we've moved to a new provider!

Postby Wesley » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 am

Once again the sysadmin axiom "everything is a DNS problem" is proven correct. There is some finger pointing going on between service providers, but my suspicion is that there's a combination of two places being at fault. The original DNS provider for ChattyChristians is blaming Comcast for sporadic and roaming DNS resolution problems. The end result was that ChattyChristians was not able to be reached in some localities, but it was fine in others. You may or may not have been affect. Nevertheless, we're now using Amazon Route53 for DNS so this shouldn't happen again.

...until AWS has their once-yearly outage. :roll:
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: And one more site outage - same general issue, but we've moved to a new provider!

Postby little_tigress » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 am

Thank you, Wes :)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Re: And one more site outage - same general issue, but we've moved to a new provider!

Postby Wesley » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:14 am

Ironically, I had to edit my post, and when I clicked submit I got a DNS error resolving the hostname. So apparently there's still some cached wonkiness roaming around.
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Forum News and Events