I just learned about this forum today

glad to see some old familiar faces, not sure if anyone remembers me lol

Heya!
Wesley
Site Admin

Re: Rhamiel

Postby Rhamiel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:14 am

Hi Ethnog, Hi Wesley

to be honest, I was kind of apprehensive about joining this site, I have not done well on smaller christian message boards, that is one reason I like CF, in CF singles there is enough diversity that I do not feel like a total outsider....

lol I hope I do not sound too neurotic
Rhamiel

Postby Ethnog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:25 am

You'll be great! We are all different and have our lows and highs! No sweat.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:45 am

Welcome to the site! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine =)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:48 am

Rhamiel wrote:Hi Ethnog, Hi Wesley

to be honest, I was kind of apprehensive about joining this site, I have not done well on smaller christian message boards, that is one reason I like CF, in CF singles there is enough diversity that I do not feel like a total outsider....

lol I hope I do not sound too neurotic

You'll be fine - we have pretty broad rules that focus on the spirit of the culture we want to cultivate rather than the precise, all encompassing legalize style ruleset that may places have. Check it out and see for yourself.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Rhamiel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:59 am

Wesley wrote:You'll be fine - we have pretty broad rules that focus on the spirit of the culture we want to cultivate rather than the precise, all encompassing legalize style ruleset that may places have. Check it out and see for yourself.

it is not the rules I am worried about, it is the fact that I am Catholic and I think every other Christian on here is some form of Evangelical?

I mean it is pretty much the same on CF Singles, but there is at least a chance of another Catholic or Eastern Orthodox or Lutheran or more Liturgical minded Methodist....

LOL I am just worried I am going to be the "odd man out"

sorry for whining
Rhamiel

Postby Wesley » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 am

Rhamiel wrote:
Wesley wrote:You'll be fine - we have pretty broad rules that focus on the spirit of the culture we want to cultivate rather than the precise, all encompassing legalize style ruleset that may places have. Check it out and see for yourself.

it is not the rules I am worried about, it is the fact that I am Catholic and I think every other Christian on here is some form of Evangelical?

I mean it is pretty much the same on CF Singles, but there is at least a chance of another Catholic or Eastern Orthodox or Lutheran or more Liturgical minded Methodist....

LOL I am just worried I am going to be the "odd man out"

sorry for whining

Oh we've got a diversity here, and while the name has the word "Christian" in it, and the obvious thrust is Christianity, a person's ultimate beliefs isn't a barrier to entry here. At least, not one that's intentional. If someone that identifies as atheist, deist, buddhist, or satanist wants to hang with a group of people that by and large self-identifies as Christian, they're welcome to it. Within that vast heading of Christian, many divergent expressions of faith exist. As long as we follow some basic rules of respect and civility, we'll all be fine. I would hazard a guess that a majority of people here would identify as "protestant / baptist / evangelical" or otherwise "non-orthodox / non-catholic" but that shouldn't cause a ruckus insofar as people behave themselves like they ought to. 8-)
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby mina » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Welcome! I remember you.
mina

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon!