I've never written to a forum before ...

Introduce yourself here!

Re: I've never written to a forum before ...

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

I've met him in person. He wears the wig and the 1700s clothing. When Edwards goes retro, he *really* goes retro.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wren » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 pm

smacarena wrote:
Helga wrote:Welcome! :D

It took me a while to realize who you were! You're not using any screen names that I recognize.

I made a hello (aka ni hao) thread saying who I was. I'll put something in my sig, since others will probably not know either.
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:13 pm

I like your sig, Helga!
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks!
Wren

Postby Edwards1984 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:36 am

smacarena wrote:
Edwards1984 wrote:
Fremdin wrote:What's a Calvinist? (Backwoods heathern asking)

Someone who follows the Doctrines of Grace. SHAMELESS BLOG PLUG!

Do you wear a powdered wig IRL?

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

Sara wrote:That series really helped me so much to understand Calvinism. I don't remember if I ever told you that and thanked you for writing it!

Why yes you did, and I'm glad it did, that's why I wrote it. 8-)
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:59 am

Edwards1984 wrote:Why yes you did, and I'm glad it did, that's why I wrote it. 8-)

[insert not funny "predestined to like it" joke here][/not funny]

Hey, the last place I worked at as an employee was a ministry in the Cincinnati area. That year's Free Will Baptist convention was in the area, and they came to the ministry to tour the facilities. The jokes were just as lame for them as for Calvinists. :lol:
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby smackus maxiumus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:00 am

How come some people got colors in their names, like Shari and Gohar?
smackus maxiumus

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 am

smacarena wrote:How come some people got colors in their names, like Shari and Gohar?

If you look down at the very bottom of the forum's home page, there's a Legend that shows what colors mean. Global Moderators are green and Site Administrators are red. So far there are two site admins: "admin" and "Wesley." Admin is the generic default account that is used to post official rules and whatnot. Never an interactive account. Wesley is me, derr, and I do all the nasty, icky hacking in the background to make the forum work right.

Little_tigress and Ethnog are the only two moderators on the forum. They can handle tasks like reports, moving threads, approving queued posts, and etc. We're keeping the moderator team as small as possible. I think a proliferation of mods is usually a bad sign on a board, but that's a philosophical discussion that would probably put people to sleep. The goal is a group of peers, with little official moderator oversight insofar as people are willing to read, understand, and live by the very small set of rules.

So you had a simple question, and I just gave you an enormous and long winded answer, most of which had nothing to do with your question. But it's me, so you're used to that. :P
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby toastface_grillah » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 am

Smacks! Reunited on forums again!
toastface_grillah

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 pm

toastface_grillah wrote:Smacks! Reunited on forums again!

The dynamic duo, reunited! Toastarena_grillsmackah!
Wesley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon!