Cecil the Lion

Keep the gloves on, be familiar with the forum rules, and bring your critical reasoning skills.

Re: Cecil the Lion

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:50 am

I don't think it's too far. Have you see the pages of poaching on FB?! They are horrifying! And these people think it's funny and a great sport! It's one thing to hunt for food and live off the land but killing for sport?!
He did something illegally and I hope he faces the consequences.

Sorry but he deserves his punishment.
Actually, I'm not sorry.
I'm sure they will be very much okay financially. People like that live way better than we ever will.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:41 am

Wait, I think something may have gotten confused.

I'm saying I *do* think he should face criminal charges for his actions. What I think is too far is the reaction from people which required him to shut down his business (affecting not only his financial well being, but also that of any employees) and requiring him and his family to go into hiding for fear for their safety.

I support legit justice, not vigilante justice.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:48 am

Oh yes that I agree with.
I feel worse for his employees.

I wonder who in his family supported his nonsense.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:12 am

I heard his wife is also supposed to be a big game hunter, but I don't know if that's true or if it's a rumor.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:16 am

Gosh I don't know. When I saw that disgusting sabrina corgatelli taunt and post a picture next to a giraffe she killed I secretly hoped someone hunted her that way... You know because shes old and she killed an old giraffe. I mean they are both old right?! *rolls eyes*

Anyway enough of this conversation for me it makes me angry and I hope some serious justice is done.
Ethnog

Postby sketcher » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:05 am

It wasn't a good thing at all, but there are worse things that happen to innocent people that don't get as much outrage. If you want to be upset about Cecil the Lion, be upset about that - but be more upset about abortion, human trafficking, and terrorism.
sketcher

Postby Ethnog » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:35 am

Because someone is upset about an animal it doesn't mean they arent just as much or more upset about other horrible things.
I find that comparison completely invalid.
Ethnog

Previous

Return to News & Politics