mom defends abandoning child with down syndrome

Keep the gloves on, be familiar with the forum rules, and bring your critical reasoning skills.

Postby little_tigress » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:02 pm

❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: mom defends abandoning child with down syndrome

Postby mina » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:10 pm

This is a heartbreaking thing. It made me cry. Logically and rationally within the realm of cold emotionless reason; I can understand her side. But, the fact remains that she is choosing not to go and be with her son, to raise him and to assist in making sure he has the best …even if that is in another country. I read several stories about this and I believe the father in his claims. She is, after all, initiating the divorce. I read her Facebook post and she calls her baby "the kid". I hope this is just hormones and post partum or being vulnerable and convinced by others "talking" and I hope that someday the mother comes to realize what she is choosing and hopefully tries to be a part of her son's life. Is she going to try to forget that her child is out there somewhere? I don't know how you can just walk away , no strings attached, to your husband and your child that you carried for 9 months. I think that for right now, the dad and little Leo are better off without her.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Yep. Something's not adding up. She said she didn't offer him an ultimatum, but she still wound up filing for divorce when he decided to keep their son.

I couldn't imagine giving up my own baby, honestly. I don't care what health issues or disabilities there may be, it'd be my child.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby sketcher » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:31 am

Wouldn't it be something if she suffered brain damage a few years from now?
sketcher

Postby little_tigress » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:44 am

That's not something I'd wish on her, even if what she did was unthinkable. I think she'll have enough problems to deal with when she has to stand before God one day and answer to him for her choices
little_tigress

Return to News & Politics