Concerning Donald Trump as president...

Keep the gloves on, be familiar with the forum rules, and bring your critical reasoning skills.

Postby Wesley » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:26 pm

...isn't everyone just a little curious what would happen if he became president? I've mockingly threatened to vote for him because, if the country is going to crash and burn, you might as well do it at a circus! :D I do find it a little funny how it's causing mayhem in the Republican party:

"You've got to keep him in the tent," former Rep. Tom Davis (R-Virginia) told the newspaper. "He just wreaks havoc, and every vote he takes comes out of our hide."

The above is from this article which notes that Trump could be the new Perot (which is an interesting repeat of history that will likely happen with another Clinton in the mix, which I find fascinating). And of course now he's saying he'll change his tone if he makes the office, which is rather "no duh." Not that I don't think there are a few other heads of state that deserve a Trumping...

Anyone planning on moving to a new country if Trump wins? :lol:
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Concerning Donald Trump as president...

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:29 am

Peeking my head in for just a minute...

I was telling American friends the other day that part of me hopes he gets elected just for the entertainment value.

But then I remember that I have people in the states that I actually care about and wouldn't wish to inflict that apon them.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Sadly, I think we've done worse for presidents in the past. LBJ being one.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Ethnog » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:14 pm

I dont consider Donald Trump as anything but a moron.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Sara » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:13 am

He's really...ignorant, but he is also okay with opposing the government which is a good thing for a Presidential candidate. However, I think I'll be giving Rand Paul my vote (even if I disagree with him on a couple of things).
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Wren » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:13 am

Wesley wrote:Sadly, I think we've done worse for presidents in the past. LBJ being one.

I think Trump would be much worse than LBJ, maybe even worse than Reagan, though Reagan was a special kind of terrible. I cringe just thinking of what the arrogant windbag would be like with other heads of state. Dude could easily start WWIII and probably would on purpose just to try to look extra powerful. I think Trump would be so awful that he'd make China look much more appealing as a place to live. I plan to vote for Bernie Sanders, so I hope he loses the Republican nomination, runs as an independent and takes votes away from Republicans while still losing. :D
Wren

Postby sketcher » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:00 am

He's incredibly arrogant, and if elected (perish the thought) he will quickly find out that he can't be the CEO of the United States because of Constitutional restrictions.
sketcher

Postby mina » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 pm

He's a cartoon character. I still can't believe he's in the running for any serious political bid. But I often think that about candidates.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I honestly thought it was a joke when he talked about running.

Now I feel like the entire country is on the most epic episode of Punk'd ever.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby MacFall » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:21 am

O HAI, FOUR MONTH OLD THREAD.

I'm convinced Trump is trolling everyone. There's just no other way for me to explain why a lifelong Democrat would suddenly decide he's a Republican, say the most ridiculous things as if he were a self-conscious parody of conservatism, and become the highest-polling candidate amongst Evangelical Christians just by saying "Oh sure I'm a Christian, here's a Bible verse I made up to prove it"—unless he were trying to prove that the mainstream voting public is just a bleating herd running for a cliff.

I prefer to believe that, because if he's actually as stupid as he looks... if he's actually a part of the herd... I don't know, I just can't believe the whole country could be that dumb. And I don't want to believe a complete idiot could become as rich as he is (as opposed to inheriting his fortune), presumably by complete accident.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Return to News & Politics