Something small but cool

Share what you're thankful for! Tell everyone how the Lord has blessed you.

Something small but cool

Postby Spunkn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:45 pm

There's a girl in one of my classes who didn't have a book. So I asked her why and she said that she could not afford it. So I went and ordered one on Amazon. Some of the quizzes we take during class are open book but she doesn't have one. Well I ordered it Monday, and I just prayed like 15 minutes ago and said "Lord if it's within your will, can you get that book here before class so that she can have it for the quiz". Again, not a huge prayer like life changing or anything but...

The book just showed up 2 minutes ago. We have class in about 20 minutes. It was due to be delivered today, but I wasn't expecting it till this afternoon.

So cool :)

God is awesome!
Spunkn

Something small but cool

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Something small but cool

Postby Ethnog » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm

I love when little things like that happen randomly.

Good luck on the test.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Ninzae » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 pm

You have a kind heart, Kev.

Do well in your exams. I hope the same for her. :)
Ninzae

Postby mina » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:42 pm

That's great!
mina

Postby Edwards1984 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

That's good to hear :) Praise God.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:34 pm

What a blessing that you were able to do that for her - and had the desire to do that for her. I would have loved to see her reaction to receiving the blessing. :D
FLGator_Chicky

Postby Spunkn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:44 pm

I told her I "found" it. So she asked where I found it. At first I said I'm not telling you, but then I said the "stork" brought it. She smiled and laughed and kind of shook her head. I think she still feels a little guilty accepting it, but she really appreciated it.

When I first offered to buy it for her, she kept refusing saying that she couldn't let me do that. I think part of it may have been that she has a boyfriend, and she maybe thought I was trying to do something nice because I was interested in her but I told her that I'm not doing it to get her interest, or anything like that, I just wanted to be nice. She still kept refusing, but then she finally said "I can't stop you from doing what you're going to do" so I took that as a yes and ordered the book :)
Spunkn

Postby little_tigress » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Nice :)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Heather » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:00 pm

That's wonderful!!!!
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Return to Praise