I am now a college student, for the first time ever!

Share what you're thankful for! Tell everyone how the Lord has blessed you.

Re: I am now a college student, for the first time ever!

Postby Edwards1984 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Something I forgot to add before: you should've gone sooner, you could have been eyewitness to the whole Ergun Caner scandal :P
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Edwards1984 wrote:Something I forgot to add before: you should've gone sooner, you could have been eyewitness to the whole Ergun Caner scandal :P

C'mon, it's a conservative Christian college. There's a new scandal every semester. :P
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby EazyMack » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you all for the support/encouragement. I am just trying to answer the call!

Yes, Liberty is in Lynchburg, VA. However, I am not actually there...

EazyMack wrote:I am excited to announce that I was recently accepted into Liberty University to take online courses
EazyMack

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh technology. Its a beautiful thing.

I'm doing the same thing. My university is in a completely different province from me. Its nice for the flexibility it gives, isn't it? Do you have a way of connecting with other students online?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:37 pm

EazyMack wrote:I am excited to announce that I was recently accepted into Liberty University to take online courses in pursuit of my degree in psychology. My degree track is in Christian counseling. Courses began yesterday. I am 29 years old, and this is the first schooling I have partaken in since dropping out of high school my junior year. I have a heart for counseling others, and sharing the Gospel, and feel like I am answering the call to take those steps toward optimizing these gifts/desires.

I never thought I could do this, but I am! PTL. :)

Congratulations.
Toro

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:43 pm

EazyMack wrote:Thank you all for the support/encouragement. I am just trying to answer the call!

EazyMack wrote:I am excited to announce that I was recently accepted into Liberty University to take online courses

Reading comprehension was never one of my strong points. :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Edwards1984 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 pm

EazyMack wrote:Thank you all for the support/encouragement. I am just trying to answer the call!

Oops.

Also, fine, avoid Virginia. :evil: Especially the most attractive parts of it.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby EazyMack » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 pm

little_tigress wrote: Its nice for the flexibility it gives, isn't it?

Yes, because, I still have to work for a living. :D

Do you have a way of connecting with other students online?

Courses just began this week, so I am not familiar with everything yet, but I know each course has a discussion board (forum) wherein "classmates" interact with each other. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
EazyMack

Postby Spunkn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:30 am

Awesome EazyMack, I'm trying to pursue the same thing, Christian Counseling.

It doesn't matter whether you are 18 or 29, God uses different people with different gifts and we each have our own unique story. Sometimes I start to slide into the idea that I'm 29 and I should have accomplished more in my life than I have, and here's all these 18 year olds going to college. But in the end it doesn't matter. Because of my life experiences I'm closer to God in many ways and that has shaped my life, and that is worth more to me than feeling "accomplished" in the world's eyes.

What matters is being faithful to God and doing what He wants you to do, whatever our age is.
Spunkn

Postby EazyMack » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:04 am

Spunkn wrote:Awesome EazyMack, I'm trying to pursue the same thing, Christian Counseling.

Small world! :D

I don't regret not going to college at a younger age. I wasn't ready. Now is the time for me to pursue this.

I enjoyed my 20's, having regular jobs, making friends at work. The job I enjoyed the most allowed me to travel all over California several times over. I loved it! In fact... I am trying to get back into that job lol. But that's a whole other story!

Well hey, we should keep in touch on how our studies are going. What year are you in?
EazyMack

PreviousNext

Return to Praise