I am now a college student, for the first time ever!

Share what you're thankful for! Tell everyone how the Lord has blessed you.

Re: I am now a college student, for the first time ever!

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 am

EazyMack wrote:
little_tigress wrote: Its nice for the flexibility it gives, isn't it?

Yes, because, I still have to work for a living. :D

Do you have a way of connecting with other students online?

Courses just began this week, so I am not familiar with everything yet, but I know each course has a discussion board (forum) wherein "classmates" interact with each other. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

nice. You should see if there is a facebook group or something. I know my school has its own social media platform to try and connect students with one another. I've logged in maybe 2 or 3 times in the last few years, and from what I recall not much was happening there. I actually don't even remember the URL anymore. but the facebook group is just hopping.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby EazyMack » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:24 am

I joined one. :D
EazyMack

Postby Spunkn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:28 am

I'm still trying to figure that out heh.

Technically I've got 1 year of General Studies.

1 semester of computer stuff. (Thought I wanted to go into computers but it just wasn't for me)

1 year of Bible college.

But it's going to be a bit of a battle to get my bible college credits to transfer because it's not an "officially" credited school. They told me they've had 37 Christian colleges accept them so far though. I'm going to try and push the issue as much as I can.

The Pastor / Teacher is a Moody alumni, and one of the other teachers taught at Moody Chicago for 26 years.
Spunkn

Postby EazyMack » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:38 am

Will you be resident or online? Are you leaning toward Moody?
EazyMack

Postby Spunkn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am

I'm a resident at Moody Bible in Spokane, WA right now. I'll probably have to end up transferring to Chicago though at some point because they don't actually have the counseling program out here so I'm taking all the non-counseling stuff. But they said Spokane has been growing like crazy the past couple years, so maybe they'll have the program out here by next year. Who knows. Everyone I've talked to likes this campus better than Chicago. Which I can kind of see, I'm not real wild about going to Chicago.

Chicago is hard to get into though because it's limited space and always full.

I don't know if you guys know about Moody Bible, but tuition is paid for (it's a little different here in Spokane, but it ends up being basically the same cost as Chicago), so tons of people want to get in for that reason alone.

It still ends up being around 11,000 I think per year, but compared to most college these days, it's way cheaper especially for the quality of the education you are getting.
Spunkn

Previous

Return to Praise