The Triune God

Share what you're thankful for! Tell everyone how the Lord has blessed you.

The Triune God

Postby Marycita » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm not good at naming threads, forgive me if this one didn't give you a hint as to what the thread is..

It seems a lot of times when we praise Him, it's in relation to what He does for us. Not that there's not a place for that, we should thank Him for all that He does for us...But it just makes me think about if we praise Him for who He is as much as we should.

Is there a character quality, attribute, whatever you want to call it, that you are praising God for today?

Today, I'm praising Him for His sovereignty and creativity!
Marycita

The Triune God

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The Triune God

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:39 pm

what a wonderful idea :D

His perfect justice. Far too often it seems like there's no such thing as justice here because our systems are so corrupt. But He is *The* fair and perfect Judge.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:29 am

I thank God that he is unchanging. The same always.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Marycita » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks you two. It's so great to read these and, even if just for a moment, kind of be forced to think of God as ____.

His mercy. It's nearly impossible to read His Word and not see it - it's everywhere!
Marycita

Postby Miles » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

I thank God for his creativity and patience.
Miles

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:47 pm

His grace
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Amber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:45 pm

I think I am most grateful that His nature is forgiving. It isn't a mood or a struggle or a character trait He had to work at. It is at the very core of who God is. Eternal, ever present and always available.

Some days I tend to shrink before God and see His attitude toward me like a human and forget that I don't have to earn forgiveness or prove that I deserve it. He gives freely and with perfect love. My head oftentimes can't wrap around that because it goes against everything else you see in humanity.
Amber

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Amber wrote:I think I am most grateful that His nature is forgiving. It isn't a mood or a struggle or a character trait He had to work at. It is at the very core of who God is. Eternal, ever present and always available.

I had to learn that slowly. Before salvation, while struggling under cultural christianity, I thought God was the active, angry agent who was being plead with by Christ and Christians to not hate everyone. It was much later that I realized it was God who gave all the mercy, and his own Son, and his Son who sought to have the cup removed from him if it was God's will. Not that it's a schizo relationship, but a God who is multi-dimensional to the degree that ours is cannot quite be fathomed. So while all three persons are the same, there's still unique interaction between them. Ultimately, while none of the persons was in disagreement, the humanity of Christ felt the enormous burden and asked for a way out, but God the Father was the one who determined to stand as the sacrifice in the form of the Son. Not the unforgiving, harsh, and vicious God that sometimes the fundamentalist churches can portray sometimes. :|
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Kenobi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:49 pm

I am thankful that He is the One I can call my Abba, my Daddy. Having grown up with an abusive, absent father, it took me a long time to get used to and comprehend the idea of God as a Father (and some days I still can't fully understand it) who actually cares about me and for me, who wants the best for me and is there to protect me.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby Amber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:08 am

Wesley wrote:
Amber wrote:I think I am most grateful that His nature is forgiving. It isn't a mood or a struggle or a character trait He had to work at. It is at the very core of who God is. Eternal, ever present and always available.

I had to learn that slowly. Before salvation, while struggling under cultural christianity, I thought God was the active, angry agent who was being plead with by Christ and Christians to not hate everyone. It was much later that I realized it was God who gave all the mercy, and his own Son, and his Son who sought to have the cup removed from him if it was God's will. Not that it's a schizo relationship, but a God who is multi-dimensional to the degree that ours is cannot quite be fathomed. So while all three persons are the same, there's still unique interaction between them. Ultimately, while none of the persons was in disagreement, the humanity of Christ felt the enormous burden and asked for a way out, but God the Father was the one who determined to stand as the sacrifice in the form of the Son. Not the unforgiving, harsh, and vicious God that sometimes the fundamentalist churches can portray sometimes. :|

We need a rep system so I can +1 this post.
Amber

Next

Return to Praise