New Position!

Share what you're thankful for! Tell everyone how the Lord has blessed you.

New Position!

Postby Fremdin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:58 am

I got a new position at work. It's an exciting opportunity to help start up a new department. I've worked my butt off this year to make my old temporary role into something important and I finally feel justified in all my good work. I seriously am the bottom rung of the pay scale within my company and I was doing the equivalent of a senior supervisor or project lead. I had my performance review today and was rated an excellent.

I have been on 5 failed interviews this year and I've submitted 20 rejected applications and done work so far beyond my pay grade without complaint and it is finally paying off. I'm so grateful to God to have given me the strength to work as hard as I have and be as brave I needed to be to get my name out there. This other department practically begged me to come over.

It was heartbreaking to leave the role and projects (which I jokingly called my baby but I wasn't joking at all) but I know I'm making the right step.

I couldn't have done it without God!
Fremdin

New Position!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New Position!

Postby Wesley » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:38 am

Fremdin wrote:I got a new position at work. It's an exciting opportunity to help start up a new department. I've worked my butt off this year to make my old temporary role into something important and I finally feel justified in all my good work. I seriously am the bottom rung of the pay scale within my company and I was doing the equivalent of a senior supervisor or project lead. I had my performance review today and was rated an excellent.

Very glad to hear that! The Lord saw it all, even if no human ever did. In this case, you got the earthly recognition you deserved on top of what you'll receive later on. ;)

Fremdin wrote:I have been on 5 failed interviews this year and I've submitted 20 rejected applications and done work so far beyond my pay grade without complaint and it is finally paying off. I'm so grateful to God to have given me the strength to work as hard as I have and be as brave I needed to be to get my name out there. This other department practically begged me to come over.

Hey, I know how you feel. I've been on that path myself sense mid November as I seek to leave my full time self-employment and get back on a team. Lots and lots of applications, lots and lots of rejections or just plain non-responses. It gets a bit withering, but you carry on and something good will happen. :D

Are you still in the same physical location or do you have to move at all? Does it involve travel?
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Fremdin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:21 am

It's in the same building. I wish it involved travel. They say there's lots of room for growth so who knows
Fremdin

Postby mina » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:27 am

congrats! That is wonderful!
mina

Postby Wren » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Congratulations
Wren

Postby Ethnog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Congrats that is wonderful news!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:12 pm

That's wonderful news! Congrats!!
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Sara » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 am

YAY! Congratulations!
Love always wins.
Sara

Return to Praise