List 5 Things

Share what you're thankful for! Tell everyone how the Lord has blessed you.

Re: List 5 Things

Postby Marycita » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Today I am thankful for :

1) The way my husband takes care of my sick-for-the-last-almost-two-weeks self.
2) Documentaries
3) Technology that allows you to hear sermons online when you don't get to church
4) blankets
5) God's sovereignty - reading His Word and seeing how He works out every little detail....awe inspiring. Absolutely awe inspiring!
Marycita

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Toro » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 pm

1) Food to fill my belly
2) The day off from the job that allows me to put food in it.
3) A later start to my work day tomorrow, while it is still in the morning.
4) A clean bathroom, while I hated cleaning it. It needed to be done so I am thankful He gave me the energy and the ability to clean it.
5) Cold water to drink.
Toro

Postby Miles » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 pm

- Family & friends
- Nature
- Freedom
- My cat
- Music
Miles

Postby Kenobi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:58 pm

1. amazing magical pills that allowed me to be headache-free for six hours for the first time since May 28 :D
2. amazingly good insurance because of my husband's job
3. food. I love food. I made tacos last night, they were amazing
4. my Bible
5. the ability to speak and use a wide vocabulary so I can say something other than "amazing"
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby Wesley » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Kenobi wrote:1. amazing magical pills that allowed me to be headache-free for six hours for the first time since May 28 :D

Yeeeesh. Are they prescription or over the counter?
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Toro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:17 am

1) Tests that He allows in my life that I can pass (Okay, He wouldnt allow it IF I couldn't, but I like it when I think I passed.)
2) Reminders that while I still have so far to go to get where I want to be.... I have come far from who I was.
3) So many different Bibles.... for my simple mind get confused easy it is nice to have it say the same thing in so many ways so at least one of those ways can make something "click"
4) Peace
5) Alfalfa pills.... if only I had these earlier in life..... but...all in His time.
Toro

Postby r035198x » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 am

1.) My family. They are staying with me on holiday this month and we just came back from a 3 day holiday at the coast together. I'm overwhelmed that God has enabled this.

2.) The company we started with my friends. Things have really boomed even though we only put a few people working full time on it for now. This is something that many people find hard to do (especially here) but God has been in charge of every decision.

3.) My best friends, I've had lots of opportunities to help them through tough times recently. They could have made it without me but God chose me to be a part of their life through that and that is awesome gift.

4.) My newish job. It's a great place with great people who appreciate my every contribution. I actually enjoy going to work.

5.) Lemon tea
r035198x

Postby Kenobi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 am

Wesley wrote:
Kenobi wrote:1. amazing magical pills that allowed me to be headache-free for six hours for the first time since May 28 :D

Yeeeesh. Are they prescription or over the counter?

Prescription. OTC meds do nothing for my type of migraine.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 am

r035198x wrote:2.) The company we started with my friends. Things have really boomed even though we only put a few people working full time on it for now. This is something that many people find hard to do (especially here) but God has been in charge of every decision.

Great to hear that's working out! It's so fulfilling to work for a company you have equity / ownership in. I've started my own small business, and also work for equity in another small business, and it has it's ups and downs. I'm tempted to write "downs, and downs" because it's been... extremely unprofitable for the last three years. At least I've learned some lessons. :lol:

I would like to be able to buy food though... :roll:
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby dluvs2trvl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Love this thread!

- My husband and family
- My friends (this is a big one because I moved to a new state 3 1/2 years ago when I got married and I struggled for the first 2 years to make friends and God has blessed me with some GREAT ones and the bonus is that my husband really likes their husbands so we are able to do a lot of things all together as couples)
- My boss/job - it can be really stressful and a lot of long hours but I work for a fun and ethical person and that means a lot to me
- My home
- My little dog Lucy - she brings a lot of joy into my life!
dluvs2trvl

PreviousNext

Return to Praise