Opening links up in new tab?

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

Postby Edwards1984 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread, or brought up before.

Whenever I click on a link, it opens up in the same time I'm browsing in. Many forums or websites I've been too, once you click on a link, it opens up into a new tab or window in the browser by default. Is there a way to set that on this forum? Usually I just right click and choose "open link in new tab," but sometimes I forget. :P
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Opening links up in new tab?

Postby Wesley » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:04 am

Hasn't been discussed openly, but is on my list of things to do. I think I noticed that in the first week and was annoyed. Not sure if that's a default setting or something I need to hack in myself. It's on the ever growing list... :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby r035198x » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am

Wesley wrote:... Not sure if that's a default setting or something I need to hack in myself.

You'd need to add a base tag with a target="_blank" as the first tag of the head section.
Code: Select all
<base target="_blank">

You can do it per link too but you probably want to apply globally.
r035198x

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:46 pm

r035198x wrote:
Wesley wrote:... Not sure if that's a default setting or something I need to hack in myself.

You'd need to add a base tag with a target="_blank" as the first tag of the head section.
Code: Select all
<base target="_blank">

You can do it per link too but you probably want to apply globally.

Right, it's just a matter of figuring out phpBB's templating and if this is something that is supported by default or I'll have to track changes in a custom repo. The more I use phpBB the more I hate it.
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Member Help Desk