We have a new look!

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

Re: We have a new look!

Postby Ethnog » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Was is there a way to make it less bright? It's very bright for my eyes and I am extremely sensitive to light. I'm wondering if there is a way I can help you fix those things because I am good at figuring our color that work well together.

edit: actually nvm I can decrease the brightness on my computer.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wren » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:39 pm

I love it! Thanks!
Wren

Postby Heather » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:32 pm

It looks good from my Android. The only thing you might want to look at is the "Register" button is misspelled :geek:
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:13 am

Ethnog wrote:Was is there a way to make it less bright? It's very bright for my eyes and I am extremely sensitive to light. I'm wondering if there is a way I can help you fix those things because I am good at figuring our color that work well together.

edit: actually nvm I can decrease the brightness on my computer.

One of the pitfalls of phpBB is that styles don't have a lot of customizability as a result of the overall framework. So to change color, one needs to install a whole new theme. This is not to say it's not an option. Go here and check out the theme's different colors: http://phpbb3.pixelgoose.com/preview-me ... ue%20Metro

At the top is a drop-down menu. You can choose from the available colors. None of them are particularly pleasing. I thought the teal was the best. I thought black and white was also decent, but a bit drab.

I can also look into leaving the old theme as an option for people. It's going to take some work, but I think it's doable.

Heather wrote:It looks good from my Android. The only thing you might want to look at is the "Register" button is misspelled :geek:

Doh! Wow, I'm lame. Thanks for showing me that.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:05 am

I like teal and the black and white. Those were the best ones, so I think between the two you made the best choice.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Sara » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 am

I agree that teal is the best, followed by black and white.
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:26 am

Ethnog wrote:I like teal and the black and white. Those were the best ones, so I think between the two you made the best choice.

I think I'll take a poll at some point about what would be best for people. Bringing back the old theme as an option, or using the black and white theme as an option. EIther way, it's pretty much the same process for me, so not a big deal. I suppose it might be a little easier to handle the black and white one as a secondary option, just because it has all the same features and social media tie ins, but the old theme is pretty much just as easy to maintain as a secondary.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby toastface_grillah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:20 am

Looks good - even better than our alma mater. Just checked it on the loyal Android, and it's just as good as the desktop version. We still need to "like" posts, tho. #feedback
toastface_grillah

Postby Kenobi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 am

I really like it! It is a little bright but I am very sensitive to light and it's easy for me to just decrease the screen brightness. It looks great on my Android phone too! Thanks for all your hard work :)
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby Marycita » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Honestly, the new style is a little hard for me to take on the computer. Not that it's bad exactly, because I went to the site on my kindle and the new look was great on that. It's just WOAH on the computer.

I think since I'll be using my computer most for this site, since it's easier to type on here, I would so appreciate the option of having the old look.

Not trying to be a snot or picky. :?
Marycita

PreviousNext

Return to Member Help Desk