We have a new look!

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

We have a new look!

Postby Wesley » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:33 am

After working for several hours on it, I got the new forum style wedged in. I'm not 100% done with it yet, but it's about as good as I'm comfortable with to allow it out in the wild. This is now the default style that everyone gets. It's responsive so it will work on all sized devices, from phones, to tablets, to big ol' honkin' external monitors and everything in between.

Things left to do that I can think of:

• Get the home-page side bar activated and populated with some things, like a Twitter feed and also our Facebook FriendConnect widget.
  • Get Google ads put into the forum. Like it or not, bills gotta get paid and the best I can do right now is some relatively unobtrusive Google AdSense here and there.
  • A tweak tweak here and a tweak tweak there. Here a tweak, there a tweak, everywhere a tweak tweak.

Enjoy! I'll be a bit of a ghost for the next several days. Lots going on in the next few days. To much to think about. Pass the Advil. :roll:
Wesley
Site Admin

We have a new look!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: We have a new look!

Postby Heather » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:37 am

I like it so far :)
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:40 am

It looks so pretty! :D
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Thunder Peel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:44 am

Snazzy! Thanks for your hard work on this. It looks great.
Thunder Peel

Postby mina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:59 am

I like it!
mina

Postby Edwards1984 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:03 am

For some reason mine graphic designer's intuition is distracted by the color scheme of the bars at the bottom. The darker boxes contrasted with the lighter space attracts my attention and becomes distracting after I scroll down. Probably a minor point though :P Overall it's interesting.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby Ethnog » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:06 am

I actually like the dark and light colors but I'm not crazy about the be blue regular and squares on top.

With that said, awesome work Wes, everything is classic and simple. Thank you for your hard work.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Wesley » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:28 am

Glad it's working out so far! I've been using it for about a week and am pretty happy with how it looks and operates on the iPhone. Anyone have an Android? How about a tablet? It shouldn't look any different on a high resolution tablet as it will on a laptop or desktop, but some of the smaller tabs like the Nexus 7 or iPad mini might look more condensed.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 am

I haven't had a chance to try it on my Android phone yet. I'll give a shot tomorrow and let you know how it looks.
Thunder Peel

Postby Wesley » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:25 am

Thunder Peel wrote:I haven't had a chance to try it on my Android phone yet. I'll give a shot tomorrow and let you know how it looks.

Out of curiosity, what model is it?
Wesley
Site Admin

Next

Return to Member Help Desk