"Where did my post go?!" A mystery solved (probably)

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

Postby Wesley » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:55 am

The answer to this common question is also found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=322&p=4828#p4828

If you've ever been sure that you submitted a post, but it isn't there, what probably happened is that someone made a post to the same thread while you were editing. phpBB gives you a chance to amend your post before submitting it finally. Here's the three minute breakdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-xOPOiy9ng&hd=1
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: "Where did my post go?!" A mystery solved (probably)

Postby Edwards1984 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:02 am

I ate it. It was delicious. Om nom nom nom.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby sketcher » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 am

Out of curiosity, is the database table MyiSam or InnoDB? I wonder if table-level locking vs. row-level locking would affect this.
sketcher

Postby Wesley » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:24 am

sketcher wrote:Out of curiosity, is the database table MyiSam or InnoDB? I wonder if table-level locking vs. row-level locking would affect this.

phpBB uses the MySQL 5 default of MyISAM for every table. Kinda sucks, but Innodb doesn't support full text indexes which can be relatively important for read heavy things like a forum. Apparently there's a plugin that can do a better job of indexing and searching in PHP to make the lack of full text indexes less of an issue.

Sigh. Just another thing on the list to look into in between Real Life. :lol:
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Member Help Desk