Subscriptions

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

Subscriptions

Postby Thunder Peel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 am

Okay, maybe I'm an idiot (make that a "definitely") but is there any way to turn off the automatic subscriptions every time I post in a new thread? I have to keep going to the UCP and unsubscribing from the threads, then go to my email box and clear out all of the automatic messages. I've perused the menus and can't find any method to turn it off. Am I missing something or this just an unavoidable board feature?
Thunder Peel

Subscriptions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Subscriptions

Postby Wesley » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:45 am

Thunder Peel wrote:Okay, maybe I'm an idiot (make that a "definitely") but is there any way to turn off the automatic subscriptions every time I post in a new thread? I have to keep going to the UCP and unsubscribing from the threads, then go to my email box and clear out all of the automatic messages. I've perused the menus and can't find any method to turn it off. Am I missing something or this just an unavoidable board feature?

Yep! Check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=68&start=10#p1257
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:52 am

As always, I missed the obvious. Thanks.

Thunder Peel

Postby Wesley » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:00 am

Thunder Peel wrote:As always, I missed the obvious. Thanks.

I should write a little help document concerning it. Or I could tweak the code to disable the automatic subscription for new accounts. Seems it's not as popular as I had first thought it would be.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:18 am

Wesley wrote:
Thunder Peel wrote:As always, I missed the obvious. Thanks.

I should write a little help document concerning it. Or I could tweak the code to disable the automatic subscription for new accounts. Seems it's not as popular as I had first thought it would be.

Or you just underestimated the stupidity of people like me to figure out how to use it.
Thunder Peel

Return to Member Help Desk