The "P" Word

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

The "P" Word

Postby Zombie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:05 am

I never thought I'd be one to suggest this, and I understand if it's not in keeping with the mission of the forum, but it would be nice to have a place to discuss pertinent political issues in a respectful, reasonable way.
Zombie

The "P" Word

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The "P" Word

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 am

Zombie wrote:I never thought I'd be one to suggest this, and I understand if it's not in keeping with the mission of the forum, but it would be nice to have a place to discuss pertinent political issues in a respectful, reasonable way.

Oh you're not the only one. Very early on when the board first started and it was just the two mods and me, I wanted to take it there, but there were some concerns so I've waited on that. My plan was to bring up the topic in the moderator area and see what the thoughts are, so you just expedited that conversation. =)

Also, I want to bring up daily news topics that pique people's interests and discuss them from a Christian perspective. Hang in there, August will be a formative month now that we have the software up, fairly stable, and people now mingling. It's just been kind of a hectic week, all my own fault, so I haven't had a chance to take care of some things on the backend that I'm supposed to. :|

Always nice to have some topics worthy of lively debate... and chair throwing. Can't forget the flying suplex either.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Zombie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:14 am

Wesley wrote:
Zombie wrote:I never thought I'd be one to suggest this, and I understand if it's not in keeping with the mission of the forum, but it would be nice to have a place to discuss pertinent political issues in a respectful, reasonable way.

Oh you're not the only one. Very early on when the board first started and it was just the two mods and me, I wanted to take it there, but there were some concerns so I've waited on that. My plan was to bring up the topic in the moderator area and see what the thoughts are, so you just expedited that conversation. =)

Also, I want to bring up daily news topics that pique people's interests and discuss them from a Christian perspective. Hang in there, August will be a formative month now that we have the software up, fairly stable, and people now mingling. It's just been kind of a hectic week, all my own fault, so I haven't had a chance to take care of some things on the backend that I'm supposed to. :|

Always nice to have some topics worthy of lively debate... and chair throwing. Can't forget the flying suplex either.

Cool. I have a low, uh, "poop de male cow" tolerance, so I understand the concerns about starting political discussions. Some people just can't behave. Thankfully I've learned to just walk away from such discussions, especially online.
Zombie

Postby Thunder Peel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:33 am

Whew. For a second I was sure the word "poop" was being outlawed. That's more than my fragile heart can take.

I can see both sides of this issue. A good political discussion can be fun but often they get incredibly messy. That's one reason why I usually avoid them and have even de-friended a few people on Facebook. I'm respectful of others' opinions but I won't tolerate someone being disrespectful of mine. Even among Christians the level of viciousness is worse than I've ever seen it.
Last edited by Thunder Peel on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder Peel

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 am

Thunder Peel wrote:Whew. For a second I was sure the word "poop" was being outlawed. That's more than my fragile heart can take.

Well, Zombie managed to mentioned Politics and Poop in the same thread, so I guess one can't go without the other. :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 am

Wesley wrote:
Thunder Peel wrote:Whew. For a second I was sure the word "poop" was being outlawed. That's more than my fragile heart can take.

Well, Zombie managed to mentioned Politics and Poop in the same thread, so I guess one can't go without the other. :D

It's true. One usually inspires the other.
Thunder Peel

Postby Zombie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 am

I think there would need to be a committed moderator for such a beast.
Zombie

Postby smackus maxiumus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 am

Please no politics. Please. I'll pay money.
smackus maxiumus

Postby Marycita » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Wesley wrote:

I so love this idea. I vote yes! :D

I've quite missed seeing your humor around forums
Marycita

Postby Amber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:27 pm

I think politics should be contained to a single sub-forum so those of us who do not care to get covered in verbal slime can know the safe zones.

Kinda like how Chuck E Cheese has a baby area that is safe from the big kids...
Amber

Next

Return to Member Help Desk