The "P" Word

Have a question? Need some help from a staff member? Post here and you'll be helped as soon as possible!

Re: The "P" Word

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Amber wrote:Kinda like how Chuck E Cheese has a baby area that is safe from the big kids...

You just want to play in the ball pit. I know your kind.
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Amber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Wesley wrote:
Amber wrote:Kinda like how Chuck E Cheese has a baby area that is safe from the big kids...

You just want to play in the ball pit. I know your kind.

SHHHHHHH!!!

Stop giving away my secrets :shakesfinger:

(Actually, I'm addicted to the picture machine. The one where Chuckie draws the picture- I've gotten 5 on one visit alone)
Amber

Postby Ethnog » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Hahahahaha.

Mike, how much are you will to pay? I'm listening.

kidding.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Ethnog wrote:Mike, how much are you will to pay? I'm listening.

kidding.

I'm not - I'll totally charge people. :P
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Edwards1984 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 pm

smacarena wrote:Please no politics. Please. I'll pay money.

My reaction as well, though I wouldn't leave or anything if a subforum was made. It's not like I would be forced to go there. :lol:

I have political opinions, but I define myself often as "conservative but don't care." At this point in my life, I'm too much of a cynic in regards to man-made systems to be aligned to one party over another (which got me a lot of flack from certain people at certain online forums in the past).
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Edwards1984 wrote:

My reaction as well, though I wouldn't leave or anything if a subforum was made. It's not like I would be forced to go there. :lol:

I have political opinions, but I define myself often as "conservative but don't care." At this point in my life, I'm too much of a cynic in regards to man-made systems to be aligned to one party over another (which got me a lot of flack from certain people at certain online forums in the past).

Yeah, I think the basic idea is if it gets its own place, it can be soundly ignored by anyone who doesn't want to stumble on it somewhere else. At the moment it could crop up in the Chat Lounge along with any other topic. I wouldn't mind some discussion about news concerning politics, but yeah, it's a gaping volcano maw just waiting to devour not-so-innocent victims. At least let's keep it in its own crater and not let it spew death on the villages below. :lol:
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Wesley wrote:
Edwards1984 wrote:

Yeah, I think the basic idea is if it gets its own place, it can be soundly ignored by anyone who doesn't want to stumble on it somewhere else. At the moment it could crop up in the Chat Lounge along with any other topic. I wouldn't mind some discussion about news concerning politics, but yeah, it's a gaping volcano maw just waiting to devour not-so-innocent victims. At least let's keep it in its own crater and not let it spew death on the villages below. :lol:

Christians getting out of hand and saying hurtful things to each other? Now that's just crazy.
Thunder Peel

Postby Zombie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 am

Wesley wrote:
Edwards1984 wrote:

That's the main reason I haven't posted anything political yet--not everyone wants to see even a thread title pertaining to politics. I agree that it should have its own corner, but I do believe it should exist, even if the children in that particular sandbox have to be moderated. By a cyborg raptor. With a fly swatter. And a paintball gun. And a railroad tie. For giving people high fives. In da face.
Zombie

Postby Wesley » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:23 am

Zombie wrote:That's the main reason I haven't posted anything political yet--not everyone wants to see even a thread title pertaining to politics. I agree that it should have its own corner, but I do believe it should exist, even if the children in that particular sandbox have to be moderated. By a cyborg raptor. With a fly swatter. And a paintball gun. And a railroad tie. For giving people high fives. In da face.

Oh I absolutely love the idea. I think political discussions can be great, they just usually aren't. =) I peruse a lot of world politics discussions on Reddit and have learned a lot from many different perspectives, I just wish there were more Christian ones out there. Same for news stories and the implications of what they're covering. So... hang tight. We're getting there. I just need to make sure Ethnog won't wap me upside the face with her car at highway speeds.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Edwards1984 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:48 am

Zombie wrote:That's the main reason I haven't posted anything political yet--not everyone wants to see even a thread title pertaining to politics. I agree that it should have its own corner, but I do believe it should exist, even if the children in that particular sandbox have to be moderated. By a cyborg raptor. With a fly swatter. And a paintball gun. And a railroad tie. For giving people high fives. In da face.

Don't worry, we have the perfect thing for it...

...ED209!

"PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST. YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY."
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Previous

Return to Member Help Desk