how did you meet?

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

how did you meet?

Postby little_tigress » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 am

I always love hearing stories about how two people came together. How did you meet your better half?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

how did you meet?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: how did you meet?

Postby Touma » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm

I met Paola on Christian Mingle. :o :o

She lives in Md, I live in VA. I wanted us to meet up in DC (halfway between us). She told me she felt more comfortable if I met here on here turf. So, I ended up going to her church! Which is completely out of my church atmosphere (she is Assembly of God, and I am totally not).

So, I went there. Not only did I meet her, but I met her:

Mom
Brother
Sister In Law
many cousins
many aunts and uncles

They all go to the same church. Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed. But she said that she knew she could trust me because I was willing to go through that. And because she could trust me, she felt that we could go on proper dates, with no worries.

So, that is how it began with us. :)
Touma

Postby Wesley » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:14 am

Touma wrote:I met Paola on Christian Mingle. :o :o

(snip)

Wow Touma! That's great to hear. So it sounds like you've already started integrating a bit into her family. :) But the question is... do they like you. :P
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:18 am

Touma wrote:I met Paola on Christian Mingle. :o :o

She lives in Md, I live in VA. I wanted us to meet up in DC (halfway between us). She told me she felt more comfortable if I met here on here turf. So, I ended up going to her church! Which is completely out of my church atmosphere (she is Assembly of God, and I am totally not).

So, I went there. Not only did I meet her, but I met her:

Mom
Brother
Sister In Law
many cousins
many aunts and uncles

They all go to the same church. Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed. But she said that she knew she could trust me because I was willing to go through that. And because she could trust me, she felt that we could go on proper dates, with no worries.

So, that is how it began with us. :)

oh my... thats an intense way to start! I couldn't imagine meeting all his family and relatives the very first time. She must be very special for you to be willing to do that :)
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:22 pm

My husband and I "met" on another Christian forum. We were friends for a few years and even met in person (strictly as friends) with 3 other people from that forum. Then things happened that led to us talking more often, more seriously, and I flew to where he lived. We had a great time together and after I arrived back home, our conversations turned very romantic and very serious. We married 2 months after that visit. We originally intended on getting married about 4-6 months after that visit, but two things happened where it just made more sense to get married sooner. Our son decided that he liked how quickly we made things happen once they got started, so he came to be when we were only married for 2 and half months. :D I think our dating and engagement would have lasted much longer if we had not been friends for years prior, even if we were internet friends (though internet friends can make the best of friends sometimes).
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Helga wrote:My husband and I "met" on another Christian forum. We were friends for a few years and even met in person (strictly as friends) with 3 other people from that forum. Then things happened that led to us talking more often, more seriously, and I flew to where he lived. We had a great time together and after I arrived back home, our conversations turned very romantic and very serious. We married 2 months after that visit. We originally intended on getting married about 4-6 months after that visit, but two things happened where it just made more sense to get married sooner. Our son decided that he liked how quickly we made things happen once they got started, so he came to be when we were only married for 2 and half months. :D I think our dating and engagement would have lasted much longer if we had not been friends for years prior, even if we were internet friends (though internet friends can make the best of friends sometimes).

I love your story. I'm so glad everything worked out so well for you two :)

And yes, some days I think I'd be lost without my internet friends. Even if I haven't met them yet, the friendship is so real that often it feels like I have. Real friendship transcends words on a screen :)
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks!
Wren

Postby mina » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:43 pm

I was friends with his mom! His mom was actually a poster on CF and we were friends online for years; on the women's forum there when it was active, and then on another women's forum after the mass exodus. I knew that she had a son, but didn't know how old he was or really anything about him. She and I just enjoyed fellowshiping together. Her son was complaining that it was hard to meet a girl that was a christian so she decided to play matchmaker; he had to come to my city for work and she asked if I would consider meeting him and if it was okay to give him my number. He started calling me and we talked for a few months, then actually met in person. We took things slow, got along famously, and dated for a little over a year before getting married. Unconventional but it worked and we are both happy and feel like we are a great match.
mina

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:57 am

D and I met on OKCupid (not really a good site. I don't suggest it to people.). I had the profile years before we met and for some reason it wasn't deleted, even though I thought it was. I got an email saying that I'd received a message on the site. I was upset that the profile wasn't shut down so I logged in to shut it down. Before doing so, I decided to read the message they emailed me about. It started out, "It took me two weeks to get the guts to write you this message. Please don't think I'm a stalker but I've looked at your profile every day for those two weeks. You are so very beautiful..." And I checked out his profile. Then I told him I wasn't interested in internet dating. I advised that if he wanted to meet me, he could come to my church. Which he did. And we've been together ever since. Ah, love!
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Kenobi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 am

My husband and I met on christianforums.com (the only other forum I've ever been part of). We were pretty young when we "met" - I was 16 and he was 18. Seven years and one ex-boyfriend later we were married :) It's a long and complicated story but the short version is that God always knows what's best and His timing is always perfect!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Next

Return to Married Life