how did you meet?

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: how did you meet?

Postby Sara » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Wesley wrote:
Edwards1984 wrote:Mary and I met on a certain forum which shall remain nameless. She saw me quote or reference John Wesley, and sent me a rep about it, and we've been talking ever since. In fact, I told her one time the only good thing I ever got from the forum was her.

As if you needed any more proof that guys named Wesley are straight up legit?

But seriously, if I can add non-married experiences to the thread, workplace and grocery stores seem to be my two goldmines for flirtatious relationships that have the best chance of moving forward (mostly because that means we're probably living within the same time zone, and perhaps even zip code ;) ). Also, if a girl can get a first-sight look at me and not gag, then that's the biggest hurdle and I know the shock of everything else about me will be relatively minor by comparison. :lol:

And really, grocery stores. I dunno what it is about them.

*emphasis mine

SHUT UP. No girl looks at you and gags. If they do, they're blind and/or dumb. Just sayin'.
Love always wins.
Sara

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Sara wrote:*emphasis mine

SHUT UP. No girl looks at you and gags. If they do, they're blind and/or dumb. Just sayin'.

Maybe just 'eek' a little and walk away. :P

BUT SERIOUSLY, GROCERY STORES! There's a lot more to be said for cooking your own food and buying fresh produce than just the health benefits. :lol:
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Sara » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 am

Wesley wrote:

BUT SERIOUSLY, GROCERY STORES! There's a lot more to be said for cooking your own food and buying fresh produce than just the health benefits. :lol:

Well, get yourself a girl at the grocery then! :D
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Thunder Peel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:32 am

Wesley wrote:

Did Bruce Springsteen write "Queen of the Supermarket" about your experiences?
Thunder Peel

Postby AshLynne_NC » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 am

I met M back in 2007. We were both weird and completely different than we are today. In fact, I couldn't stand him back then. :lol: I ended up dating another guy for a year or so, and he formed a band and M ended up being the bassist. M and I always had a flirtatious way of interacting with each other, but I never really expected it to turn into anything.

Nearly 6 years later and here we are, married!
Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you-- it will set you free; be more like the man you were made to be. There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see the beauty of love as it was made to be.Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More
AshLynne_NC

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 am

Thunder Peel wrote:Did Bruce Springsteen write "Queen of the Supermarket" about your experiences?

Will you unfriend me if I say... I never heard of that song? :|
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 am

Wesley wrote:
Thunder Peel wrote:Did Bruce Springsteen write "Queen of the Supermarket" about your experiences?

Will you unfriend me if I say... I never heard of that song? :|

I'll only de-friend you if you claim to like it.
Thunder Peel

Postby Wesley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:30 am

Thunder Peel wrote:I'll only de-friend you if you claim to like it.

I hate it! Now give to me hugs.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby waves16 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 am

Oh, I always love telling this story.

I lived in university dorms with a lovely lady from the other side of the island, and by the end of the year we were great friends. The following year, I switched dorms and she moved into an off-campus apartment with a few friends from her hometown. I was friends with all of them but one, a guy who just moved here, who I'd never met. Once they moved in, they invited me to their housewarming, and apparently they had all been scheming for me to meet the new roommate. So of course I came over, I met him, and we hit it off fabulously, even if we were both a little embarrassed at being set up.
But here's where it gets good. After around six months, he mentioned my last name on the phone to his mother (he usually just calls me "Katie"), and since I have a very distinctive and uncommon last name, his mom recognized it right away and asked him if I used to live in Calgary, a city on the other side of the country. I was born in Calgary and lived on the military base until I was two, then we were posted to the base here in Newfoundland. Not only did he also live in Calgary, but he lived right across the street from me. Our moms were friends, we used to go to the park together, and we played with each other almost every day. My mom looked through the old albums and found adorable pictures of us sitting next to each other with party hats eating cake, when I was 18 months and he was 5 years old. There's also pictures of me dressed up and playing with his sisters, and a few years of school pictures that our moms sent to each other after we both moved away from Calgary. After that we both moved to different provinces, then to different towns on the opposite side of the island, then finally to the city where we met again :P
And of course, to make it even stranger, he also spent the previous summer working in my hometown, where his apartment was literally right next door to the gym I visited every day, we probably passed each other on the street 100 times, he even remembers my pink bike being parked outside. If all that isn't a sign, I don't know what is :P so 20 years later, we've been together for over a year and a half!
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Postby little_tigress » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Oh wow! That's such a cool story!
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

PreviousNext

Return to Married Life