how did you meet?

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: how did you meet?

Postby smackus maxiumus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:59 am

Sara wrote:D and I met on OKCupid (not really a good site. I don't suggest it to people.). I had the profile years before we met and for some reason it wasn't deleted, even though I thought it was. I got an email saying that I'd received a message on the site. I was upset that the profile wasn't shut down so I logged in to shut it down. Before doing so, I decided to read the message they emailed me about. It started out, "It took me two weeks to get the guts to write you this message. Please don't think I'm a stalker but I've looked at your profile every day for those two weeks. You are so very beautiful..." And I checked out his profile. Then I told him I wasn't interested in internet dating. I advised that if he wanted to meet me, he could come to my church. Which he did. And we've been together ever since. Ah, love!

OKCupid isn't as bad as Plenty of Fish. Gaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

There was a girl who tagged me in the "wants to meet you" feature. Her boyfriend was in the joint, and she was lookin' for some he-ing and she-ing while he was locked up. Riiiiight.

Then there was the girl I talked to on the phone for nearly an hour with who complained relentlessly about everything in her life. I heard more drama in that one hour than I did during the entire run of the rebooted "Battlestar Galactica" series.
smackus maxiumus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Edwards1984 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:51 am

Mary and I met on a certain forum which shall remain nameless. She saw me quote or reference John Wesley, and sent me a rep about it, and we've been talking ever since. In fact, I told her one time the only good thing I ever got from the forum was her.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby Heather » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am

Great stories! <3
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:27 am

smacarena wrote:
Sara wrote:D and I met on OKCupid (not really a good site. I don't suggest it to people.). I had the profile years before we met and for some reason it wasn't deleted, even though I thought it was. I got an email saying that I'd received a message on the site. I was upset that the profile wasn't shut down so I logged in to shut it down. Before doing so, I decided to read the message they emailed me about. It started out, "It took me two weeks to get the guts to write you this message. Please don't think I'm a stalker but I've looked at your profile every day for those two weeks. You are so very beautiful..." And I checked out his profile. Then I told him I wasn't interested in internet dating. I advised that if he wanted to meet me, he could come to my church. Which he did. And we've been together ever since. Ah, love!

OKCupid isn't as bad as Plenty of Fish. Gaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

There was a girl who tagged me in the "wants to meet you" feature. Her boyfriend was in the joint, and she was lookin' for some he-ing and she-ing while he was locked up. Riiiiight.

Then there was the girl I talked to on the phone for nearly an hour with who complained relentlessly about everything in her life. I heard more drama in that one hour than I did during the entire run of the rebooted "Battlestar Galactica" series.

I've tried POF in the past. I only ever got perverts contacting me, so that account didn't last long :P

I signed up on OKCupid once. I think that account is dead too. None of the guys there really interested me when I was on, but I did enjoy the surveys and such :P

I'm so glad it worked out for you, Sara. thats such a sweet message he sent too :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:32 am

little_tigress wrote:

I've tried POF in the past. I only ever got perverts contacting me, so that account didn't last long :P

I signed up on OKCupid once. I think that account is dead too. None of the guys there really interested me when I was on, but I did enjoy the surveys and such :P

I'm so glad it worked out for you, Sara. thats such a sweet message he sent too :D

He's so freaking adorable, it's annoying. :D
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Ethnog » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Sara story made me realize that I shouldn't be afraid to take a chance or ask him to step out of his comfort zone either.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Ethnog wrote:Sara story made me realize that I shouldn't be afraid to take a chance or ask him to step out of his comfort zone either.

I love you, Ethnography! :)
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Ethnog » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Oh gosh I love you for calling me that word! :D
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Ethnog wrote:Oh gosh I love you for calling me that word! :D

:P
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:22 am

Edwards1984 wrote:Mary and I met on a certain forum which shall remain nameless. She saw me quote or reference John Wesley, and sent me a rep about it, and we've been talking ever since. In fact, I told her one time the only good thing I ever got from the forum was her.

As if you needed any more proof that guys named Wesley are straight up legit?

But seriously, if I can add non-married experiences to the thread, workplace and grocery stores seem to be my two goldmines for flirtatious relationships that have the best chance of moving forward (mostly because that means we're probably living within the same time zone, and perhaps even zip code ;) ). Also, if a girl can get a first-sight look at me and not gag, then that's the biggest hurdle and I know the shock of everything else about me will be relatively minor by comparison. :lol:

And really, grocery stores. I dunno what it is about them.
Wesley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Married Life