"I didn't love my wife when we got married"

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: "I didn't love my wife when we got married"

Postby Zombie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:24 pm

little_tigress wrote:Just read this interesting article and thought I'd share:

http://popchassid.com/didnt-love-wife/

I've gone through a similar experience. If emotion is our measure for love, then I have "been in love" countless times. I also have bipolar disorder, which means that I feel emotions to extremes. If I'm not grounded in truth, then, well, let's just say I've very nearly proposed to two different women--ones I was not even dating at the time. That was just after high school, when I didn't understand my mental illness.

Succumbing to the "Disney fantasy" of life is a lot like having a mental illness. It's all fluff and emotion and dreams, rather than meaty, solid truth. I'm glad that he figured out what true love was; so many people figure out that they aren't in love after they get married, and they decide to call it quits. Thankfully, I have figured out (and continue to figure out) what love is, and I think that's the trick: you learn a little more each day how to love, because you commit--you decide--to love. That's one goal I have for my marriage: to learn something new about how to love every day.

Or, in other words:

How Do I Love Her? - Steven Curtis Chapman
Zombie

Re: "I didn't love my wife when we got married"

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Married Life