The Honeymoon

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: The Honeymoon

Postby Marycita » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:49 pm

little_tigress wrote:Oh I love the idea of going to Europe for my honeymoon. Its been my dream for as long as I can remember to go Europe (Any part of Europe, really. admittedly I'm drawn to Western Europe because of my linguistic background, but Eastern Europe is also just beautiful - the culture, the architecture, the languages *dreamy sigh*). And to do that with my husband would be just wonderful.

That would be a great trip. And reading this just made me think of all those times I've heard people say they want to travel before they get married - I've always thought, "Why wouldn't you want to travel with your spouse. Anyway...here's hoping you get to one day!! :D

Thunder Peel wrote:We made the move our honeymoon. Since we had to get her stuff from Vermont to Texas we just took a week and made it a leisurely road trip. We made a stop by Niagara Falls on our way out of New York, which was really amazing.

I thought you guys had a great idea there! It's so fun to hear about it all! I'm glad you finally got to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...though, I apologize for Cleveland.

Tony and I, obviously had to do some traveling together when we moved me and then from Ohio to Va after the wedding - it really is a time we cherished - road trips together are just so wonderful!

Amber wrote:I would want to go to Disney in Florida. But wait a month after the wedding. Long enough to get over the wedding hype but short enough to be new newlyweds lol

I've never actually met a guy who would be willing to go to Disney though so maybe that will be my new standard of testing compatibility.

I think it sounds like a very reasonable test!

Wren wrote:It was kind of a honeymoon. Part of the big reason why it made sense to get married so quickly was a trip to China that he had planned before we even started dating. He was going for the Chinese New Year, which is the biggest holiday in China and a time of family reunions. He wanted me to go with and meet his family. (And if we had been single when that happened, it would have been awkward for a couple of reasons. Also, his mother really wanted us to be married. She really wanted to throw a party and they don't do engagement parties, so we let her have fun planning a wedding reception.) We left a couple of weeks or so after we got married.

On the way to his hometown, we went to Beijing. In Beijing, we went to the Temple of Heaven (a historical site), The Forbidden City and Tienanmen Square, National Museum of China, The Beijing Zoo (where the lemurs were not impressed by my singing "I Like To Move It" to them), and a mall (where a lady was trying so hard to get me to buy a purse that she held onto my arm until my husband told her to back off). The subway cars at certain times of day are horrible. You literally have to shove people to get off. I thought I was going to get shoved off at one point. I held onto my husband tightly. It's way worse than I ever saw NYC's subway.

On the way home, we stopped at Shanghai. I was really sick, though, so I sadly couldn't really do much or enjoy it. It seemed like a great city and I really was looking forward to a couple of days there. I didn't get sick there, that was in my husband's hometown, but it took a nasty (my husband kept trying to convince me to go the hospital but I refused) turn while in Shanghai.

I'd always wanted to tour Eastern Europe for my honeymoon, but it was cool that I still got to go international for the first time. And his family was very welcoming.

That is a great honeymoon story! I'm sorry you got sick though!

Kenobi wrote:We spent a week in San Francisco. It was so much fun :)

Now I have images from Full House going through my head! :lol: Glad you had a good time.

Sara wrote:We haven't really been on a honeymoon. We went on a vacation, but we went with his sister and her family. I think we may go on a honeymoon on our fifth anniversary. :)

Sounds like a great way to celebrate an anniversary! :D

smacarena wrote:I'll say this: Pants won't be required.

Ha, well, you will be married, so....fair enough...
Marycita

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ethnog » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Honestly, I don't care as long as I'm with him. I know it's lame but its the truth!
Though knowing myself I would love exploring or at least museum hopping!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:26 pm

That would be a great trip. And reading this just made me think of all those times I've heard people say they want to travel before they get married - I've always thought, "Why wouldn't you want to travel with your spouse. Anyway...here's hoping you get to one day!! :D

yeah. I've traveled lots on my own, and I love it. I plan to do more yet. But I think there would just be something extra wonderful about having my husband by my side to go adventuring with :)

If I could find a man who dreams of living abroad and exploring the world, I'd be pretty much set :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Fremdin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I'd like to either go to Maine or Wyoming on honeymoon. I've been to Europe and I enjoyed it but I'd much rather see parts of America I've never been to. Plus I hate flying and we could drive to those places. I love road trips
Fremdin

Postby Marycita » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Ethnog wrote:Honestly, I don't care as long as I'm with him. I know it's lame but its the truth!
Though knowing myself I would love exploring or at least museum hopping!

I don't think it's lame at all! What kind of museums? :)

Fremdin wrote:I'd like to either go to Maine or Wyoming on honeymoon. I've been to Europe and I enjoyed it but I'd much rather see parts of America I've never been to. Plus I hate flying and we could drive to those places. I love road trips

Oooo, those are different! You don't hear those states as honeymoon ideas very often! I love hearing about people who (want to) take different trips for honeymoons. I don't know why, it just makes me smile
Marycita

Postby Gym » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:22 am

I haven't given it a whole lot of thought.. and I've been so very many places...
Gym

Postby Heather » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 am

Ours was a cabin at the coast, and frankly it sucked.

If I marry again I don't know where I'd want to spend my honeymoon. At the risk of sounding crass, I'd be happy as long as the room has a romantic fireplace because it's not like we'd be leaving the room for hours on end anyway.
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby dluvs2trvl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 pm

We spent a week in Venice, Italy and a couple of days in Rome. It was wonderful. My husband had never been to Europe so it would have been nice to get to see more of Europe but since we had such a short amount of time - we decided to spend it mostly in one spot so we could relax and explore. Venice was actually my dream honeymoon destination - still can't quite believe that's where we got to go! It was such a blessing for us!
dluvs2trvl

Postby Crystal » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Ideally I would love to go to Hawaii for a honeymoon but probably won't happen. If and when I get married that is.
Crystal

Postby sketcher » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:12 am

A new couple at my church went to a place in Mexico. Had dinner there the first night . . . and the rest of the whole honeymoon consisted of both of them having uncontrollable diarrhea. One of their first married fights was who got the toilet. No, they didn't drink the water. If I ever cross that border, I'm going to get the name of the place first. Wherever I go, it won't be there.
sketcher

PreviousNext

Return to Married Life