The Honeymoon

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: The Honeymoon

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 am

FLGator_Chicky wrote:
Sara wrote:
FLGator_Chicky wrote:
A beautiful resort on the West coast of FL. :)

We're still trying to decide. D hates flying so it's gotta be a road trip of some sort. heh.

We didn't want to go too far away since we have to leave the kids with someone (probably my cousin and her husband) and the girls, at this point, have not ever been left overnight. I'm not confident they will be prior to that trip happening, either, so we might have to come back early if they are completely wrecked by our disappearance. lol

Can you get to the TX coast and stay somewhere fancy? The $$ we are saving by not choosing a destination resort is going towards being able to stay in a really high end place here locally. At least I consider it high end. Three nights will be about $1300 just for the hotel room. Heh

If I can convince him to go to the coast. He's an odd duck in that he says things like "I've seen the ocean. No need to do that again." LOL.

That does sound high end!
Love always wins.
Sara

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Miles » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 am

Road trips FTW! :)

Yeah, I know I may end up having to fly somewhere, but still...
Miles

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:54 pm

@Sara, I think that is a lot of men. My dad and my husband are both that way!
FLGator_Chicky

Postby waves16 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:37 am

I definitely want to go on a honeymoon some day. My brain is screaming at me "DISNEY! YOU WANT TO GO TO DISNEY!", but maybe not for a honeymoon. I'd like to go somewhere in Europe, maybe Germany or Switzerland. Somewhere where we wouldn't be rushed, and we could explore at our own pace and take small side trips to interesting places we find! As long as it's not somewhere hot :P
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Postby TX_CO_Matt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Amber wrote:I've never actually met a guy who would be willing to go to Disney though so maybe that will be my new standard of testing compatibility.

I love Disney World, I've been 3 times and it's really my only reason to ever go to Florida (no offense Floridians, you seem like cool people, I just HATE the beach). My sister and her husband went there on their honeymoon and are going back this year for their fifth anniversary.
Guys usually aren't as public about it as girls are, but we exist. I don't know anyone that would say no to Disney.

For me personally, I'd like to go on a honeymoon. Frankly anywhere is an option, it would just depend on the time of year I get married and such. I'd prefer not going somewhere tropical, and if we did, it would be a cruise (cruises are just awesome).
TX_CO_Matt

Postby MacFall » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 am

I've thought long and hard about this and decided that if I have a honeymoon, it will be with a woman.

Whom I married.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby Wesley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 am

Blind post resurrecting old threads for fun! I always thought it would be strange to have such drastic life changes and then flit off to some distant land for a few weeks. I thought it would be nicer to just... go home. Hang out and live normal for a month or two and then go somewhere.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Ethnog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:26 am

I think a lot of people are doing that now (well those I know personally) and I love that idea more and more!

Can I take a month and be home with my husband and another month away from reality?

Too long?

No no no!!!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby MoldySneakers » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:52 am

Onna island, nothing to do except walk, talk and hold hands...
Beach nearby, swimming pools, daiquiris, market district.
Mauritius? Sri Lanka? The Philippines?
I pity you, you of the mean intellects. You need to hold on so tight to your cherished opinions because to do otherwise would be to grow, and change is scary, and what is scary must be avoided.
MoldySneakers

Postby Zombie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 am

I would love to go on a honeymoon. England, Ireland, Scotland, and France are on my list of "dream" honeymoon spots.
Zombie

PreviousNext

Return to Married Life