The Honeymoon

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: The Honeymoon

Postby little_tigress » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 am

Well I guess if you can survive food poisoning together, you can survive anything :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby smackus maxiumus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:38 am

sketcher wrote:A new couple at my church went to a place in Mexico. Had dinner there the first night . . . and the rest of the whole honeymoon consisted of both of them having uncontrollable diarrhea. One of their first married fights was who got the toilet. No, they didn't drink the water. If I ever cross that border, I'm going to get the name of the place first. Wherever I go, it won't be there.

That's crappy.
smackus maxiumus

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:06 am

Amber wrote:I would want to go to Disney in Florida. But wait a month after the wedding. Long enough to get over the wedding hype but short enough to be new newlyweds lol

I've never actually met a guy who would be willing to go to Disney though so maybe that will be my new standard of testing compatibility.

My mom and dad went to Disney for their honeymoon. :)
FLGator_Chicky

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 am

Sara wrote:We haven't really been on a honeymoon. We went on a vacation, but we went with his sister and her family. I think we may go on a honeymoon on our fifth anniversary. :)

We did not take a honeymoon, either. We are planning a trip for our 5th anniversary and I can't wait! :)
FLGator_Chicky

Postby Miles » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Fremdin wrote:I'd like to either go to Maine or Wyoming on honeymoon. I've been to Europe and I enjoyed it but I'd much rather see parts of America I've never been to. Plus I hate flying and we could drive to those places. I love road trips

Your plan sounds good to me. I've also been to Europe, love road trips, and dislike flying. Wyoming is beautiful, and I enjoyed living in Maine. There's so much to see and do right here in North America. Not that the destination is the important part as far as I'm concerned, but with so many picturesque and otherwise romantic places nearby, I don't see why it would need to be a big undertaking.

Ideally, I'd like to hit the road soon after the reception, and spend the wedding night with my wife at our destination of choice. Maybe it's because I helped decorate the "Just Married" car for my older siblings when I was a kid, but I've always envisioned that as part of my wedding day.
Miles

Postby Sara » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:43 pm

FLGator_Chicky wrote:
Sara wrote:We haven't really been on a honeymoon. We went on a vacation, but we went with his sister and her family. I think we may go on a honeymoon on our fifth anniversary. :)

We did not take a honeymoon, either. We are planning a trip for our 5th anniversary and I can't wait! :)

Where are y'all going??!
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby mina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:18 am

We just had our anniversary and since we could not go back to Europe right now, my husband took me on a "mini" Europe trip- we saw an Interlaken, sampled German food, visited a winery and climbed a tower that reminded me of Italy- all in Ct.!
mina

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Sara wrote:
FLGator_Chicky wrote:

Where are y'all going??!

A beautiful resort on the West coast of FL. :)
FLGator_Chicky

Postby Sara » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:45 pm

FLGator_Chicky wrote:
Sara wrote:
FLGator_Chicky wrote:

Where are y'all going??!

We're still trying to decide. D hates flying so it's gotta be a road trip of some sort. heh.
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Sara wrote:
FLGator_Chicky wrote:
Sara wrote:
Where are y'all going??!

We're still trying to decide. D hates flying so it's gotta be a road trip of some sort. heh.

We didn't want to go too far away since we have to leave the kids with someone (probably my cousin and her husband) and the girls, at this point, have not ever been left overnight. I'm not confident they will be prior to that trip happening, either, so we might have to come back early if they are completely wrecked by our disappearance. lol

Can you get to the TX coast and stay somewhere fancy? The $$ we are saving by not choosing a destination resort is going towards being able to stay in a really high end place here locally. At least I consider it high end. Three nights will be about $1300 just for the hotel room. Heh
FLGator_Chicky

PreviousNext

Return to Married Life