5 Love Languages, 7 Days, 1 Couple

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Postby little_tigress » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:26 am

I thought this was an interesting article. A married couple decided to test out the 5 love languages theory for 1 week to see how it might affect their marriage:

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/ ... ges-tested?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 5 Love Languages, 7 Days, 1 Couple

Postby mina » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:25 pm

yep; I think that out of all the marriage books and marriage advice and pre-marital counseling out there; the love languages is one of the most important things to understand about nurturing a good relationship.
mina

Postby Wesley » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:59 pm

It's sad too how in the super-fundamentalist camp things like Chapman's books can be lambasted. I recall someone claiming that it was just a "give to get" scheme and that you should just "act like Christ and be Godly." The former is not true, the latter is true but decontextualized and worthless.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 am

If someone thinks it's a scheme, that makes me wonder if they understand love at all. Of course, that's assuming they've read the book.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:24 am

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:38 am

Good point.

I think I'd actually like to reread this book sometime. I'm pretty sure I gave it to my mom before I moved though. I'll go raid some second hand bookshop somewhere :D
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:49 am

I remember you posted a link for that, where is it? I want to take the test again.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Wesley » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 am

Ethnog wrote:I remember you posted a link for that, where is it? I want to take the test again.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Married Life