Strong Willed Children

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Strong Willed Children

Postby Lupine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:45 pm

I came by this article and I thought it was interesting: http://www.momsflyinglessons.com/strong ... t-a-curse/

Any thoughts on it? I have never been married or had children, though I have been around many strong willed children, which makes me worried about ever having a child. I did find this article interesting and encouraging though, so thought others might find it interesting or have thoughts on it.
Lupine

Strong Willed Children

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Strong Willed Children

Postby little_tigress » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Very good article, and true. I think. It's the strong willed child who is hard to deal with and makes life challenging, but they also tends to be the ones you don't have to worry about when they're older. Critical thinking, standing up against peer pressure, thinking for oneself, etc... trend to come much easier for the strong willed child than for the submissive child. Not to say that a submissive child couldn't do those things, but that tends to be the rule of thumb from what I've witnessed.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Re: Strong Willed Children

Postby Ethnog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:14 am

It's funny, there is one particular girl who is very strong welled at work. The first time I said that to her mom she smiled and thanked me. She said, it hurt every time they told her, her child was bad and couldn't believe I saw the good in her.
That child tests my patience and she drives me nuts. There have been times I've had to walk out of the classroom to breath. But I love that kid and she has come a long way to understand boundaries and rules. A long, long way!
And I think I'm one of the only person there her mom trusts.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Return to Married Life