Weddings

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: Weddings

Postby Wren » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 am

little_tigress wrote:I have to say that I love that you didn`t wear white (I loved that about Helga's wedding too). I'm becoming a huge fan of wedding dresses with colour. I`ve always known my dress would have colour in it somehow. The idea of me wearing just plain old white with nothing else bores me.

oh and now I've started looking at wedding dresses. This could be a dangerous thread for me. Not even a boyfriend in sight, and I'm letting myself dream about weddings. Not good. But still...

I might wear something like this

or this:

I vote for this one!
Wren

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:37 am

maybe I'll set it to a Chatty vote if that day ever comes ;)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby mina » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:57 am

I love all the dresses!!!

This was my dress; I didn't have a black sash with mine just plain white. It was so comfortable; I wish I had it on right now!
mina

Postby Ethnog » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:06 am

LT this is so pretty

My dream dress.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 am

mina wrote:I love all the dresses!!!

This was my dress; I didn't have a black sash with mine just plain white. It was so comfortable; I wish I had it on right now!

Honestly I think the dress looked *so* much prettier on you. You looked so gorgeous in your pictures.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:20 am

Ethnog wrote:LT this is so pretty

I love that!

My dream dress.

It would look gorgeous on you.
little_tigress

Postby Sara » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 am

I second Tigress' opinion about you in your dress, Mina! And that Ethie's dream dress would look good on her too. :D
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby mina » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:24 am

little_tigress wrote:
mina wrote:I love all the dresses!!!

Honestly I think the dress looked *so* much prettier on you. You looked so gorgeous in your pictures.

Thank you so much, LT and Sara!!!!
mina

Postby OneHappyCookie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 am

Okay, I'll do this post in English.

Most of y'all know all about our wedding but I guess I'll post about it anyhow because some of these usernames don't look familiar.

Part of me wonders if there is a way to spoiler tag it so I'm not taking up too much space.

We were married September 22, 2012 <3
It was a small wedding in my home church.

There were apx. 60 people, close church friends, friends and family.

My father walked me down the aisle to "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky

We joked with the pastor that our wedding sermon should be on Song of Songs.
He is an archeology buff and made that happen. He brought out a piece of ancient pottery and showed us an X that had been placed on it when it was first made.

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away.
If one were to give all the wealth of one’s house for love, it would be utterly scorned."- Song of Solomon 8: 6&7

Then the pastor made an Indiana Jones reference by saying that "X never, ever marks the spot." :lol:

We played "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds for the Ring Warming after his dad spoke about love and the meaning of the rings.

We exchanged our vows and the pastor announced us as man and wife.

That is when we unleashed the surprise recessional music. The Raiders March.
It was epic and fun.

When we entered the reception they played the Futurama theme.

Every detail was DIY'd, if any of you remember the smelly pinecone saga.
The tables came together perfectly between the centerpieces, the overlay, and the tablecloths.

The head table had lanterns, gourds, acorns, pine cones, and a TARDIS.

My mom and I made my veil together.

Our cake was made by a friend of the family. She's a wonderful artist and bakes tasty things. Very tasty things.
The top tier has the musical notation to "All I Want Is You" by U2 on it.

The same musical notation is on his custom wedding band.

The grooms cake was chocolate. My mom and I made it.
One of the first conversations we ever had I asked "Would you get married in a doughnut shop?" he answered that he wanted to get married in the ball pit at Chuck E Cheese. It's also important to me because I actually have had a lifelong fear of ball pits. I know awkward fear. I have my reasons.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

Fall inspires traditional evening treats.
We had the cake, coffee, tea, and apple cider.
For toasts we had sparkling cider.

Also, apple cider doughnuts are an essential fall treat.
As a thank you for our guests we had take home bags for the doughnuts with a little note and a recipe for making Vermont Apple Cider Doughnuts at home.

I know, I rambled...but it was an amazing time with friends and family. It was complete and perfect. <3

ImageImage
OneHappyCookie

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:44 am

beautiful, cookie. I've seen the pictures before, but I loved hearing the stories that go along with them :)
little_tigress

PreviousNext

Return to Married Life