Date Night!

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Date Night!

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:12 pm

So work is finished, the kid(s) are with a babysitter, and its just you and your better half and you're ready for a night on the town. Where do you go?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Date Night!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Date Night!

Postby smackus maxiumus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:16 pm

The only place Southern sophisticates go: Walmart!
smackus maxiumus

Postby Marycita » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Our "dates" are more on Sunday afternoons since we are out and about for church. We go to our favorite places to eat, takea walk in a park, go to Starbucks and do some Bible study, etc. A lot of times, I just like to enjoy being at home with him, playing games, watching movies, reading together and such. And I so enjoy cooking for him while I hear him typing away working on his podcasts. That makes me so happy. (Sorry for the gushiness)

For our sixth month anniversary we went to the beach (admittedly not far at all) and had a cute little drink picnic. That was quite lovely.
Marycita

Postby Wren » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 pm

The only thing we do that's date night-ish is going out to eat. We have Netflix (and should make use of Red Box for newer movies in the future) and both are not a fan of movie theaters. If we go to festivals or little trips, we take our son with.
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Marycita wrote:Our "dates" are more on Sunday afternoons since we are out and about for church. We go to our favorite places to eat, takea walk in a park, go to Starbucks and do some Bible study, etc. A lot of times, I just like to enjoy being at home with him, playing games, watching movies, reading together and such. And I so enjoy cooking for him while I hear him typing away working on his podcasts. That makes me so happy. (Sorry for the gushiness)

For our sixth month anniversary we went to the beach (admittedly not far at all) and had a cute little drink picnic. That was quite lovely.

No apologizing necessary. Its the married life forum - gushiness is encouraged here ;) I mean if you can't gush over your spouse, who can you gush over? :P
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:46 pm

We haven't been on a date in a while. We rather just chill out at home. :D
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby mina » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 pm

out to eat, or hiking / biking if it's an afternoon thing. We like to do things at home though- board games, break out the wine, making dinner together
mina

Postby Fremdin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:47 am

I know this doesn't count as a date and I'm not married but I love riding in the car with my bf ( most of the time, sometimes his reliance on the Garmin irritates me). I don't care where we go I just like the ride. I'd like to go out west with him, that'd be lovely.
Fremdin

Postby Edwards1984 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 am

little_tigress wrote:So work is finished, the kid(s) are with a babysitter, and its just you and your better half and you're ready for a night on the town. Where do you go?

"I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

*cue music, fireworks, Super Bowl ads*
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Fremdin wrote:I know this doesn't count as a date and I'm not married but I love riding in the car with my bf ( most of the time, sometimes his reliance on the Garmin irritates me). I don't care where we go I just like the ride. I'd like to go out west with him, that'd be lovely.

I just did a "D'awwwww" :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Next

Return to Married Life