Date Night!

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Re: Date Night!

Postby Heather » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm

In all honesty, date nights are HARD to do/afford/find time for once kids are in the picture. I'm grateful my kids go with their dad now and then so I can actually enjoy date nights again. We go dancing regularly. We've done dinner (and a dollar burger is all it takes to make me happy!), or seeing a movie. We've gone to the coast, we've gone quadding, and visited the zoo.My favorite thing is crashing at his place and snuggling on the sofa sharing popcorn and watching a movie or something on TV.
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Zombie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 am

little_tigress wrote:So work is finished, the kid(s) are with a babysitter, and its just you and your better half and you're ready for a night on the town. Where do you go?

I'm not married, but the good dates to me are the long walks, the picnics, or the coffee shops that have live bands playing. An expensive dinner is occasionally nice, as are dinner and a movie, but I like keeping things simple.
Zombie

Postby little_tigress » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:23 am

some of the best dates I've had have been walks, car rides, or just crashing together in front of the TV. Those totally count.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Kenobi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 am

My favorite dates are always the ones involving being outdoors together, especially when it's a particularly scenic area :)
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 pm

The beach - day or evening (love going with the kiddos, but we can relax more when they aren't with us). Out to eat - usually sushi. Fishing is also a popular date for us. We do movies or nice dinners at home, too. Those dates are more affordable and we just wait until the kids are in bed. :)
FLGator_Chicky

Postby ulu » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:11 am

smackus maxiumus wrote:The only place Southern sophisticates go: Walmart!

walmart sells for less!
ulu

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:22 am

FLGator_Chicky wrote:The beach - day or evening (love going with the kiddos, but we can relax more when they aren't with us). Out to eat - usually sushi. Fishing is also a popular date for us. We do movies or nice dinners at home, too. Those dates are more affordable and we just wait until the kids are in bed. :)

Dang... a year later and we just went out for sushi for our last date night. We're becoming predictable. :P lol
FLGator_Chicky

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:58 am

Hey now, sushi is always a good date :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby waves16 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:15 am

Not married, but we always enjoy a good coffee date. Luckily, we live in a very scenic city, so we usually go for a drive to a nearby beach/cove, watch the icebergs/whales/fog banks, or go to the record store and pick out an album for each other! And of course, a good game of cards and a cup of tetley will always make a great night.
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Previous

Return to Married Life