Separate Beds?

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Separate Beds?

Postby little_tigress » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:56 pm

So according to this article one key to a happy marriage is sleeping in separate beds.

What do you think about that?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Separate Beds?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Separate Beds?

Postby mina » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 pm

no; unless someone snores badly or is a restless sleeper.
mina

Postby Wren » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:50 am

I don't think they are necessarily good or bad. It really depends on the couple. When I was single, I didn't see how it could possibly be a good thing, but good sleep makes for much happier people. And you'd think well-rested happy people would be good in a marriage. And not everyone is a cuddler that needs to sleep closely for a good relationship.
Wren

Postby TX_CO_Matt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:07 pm

mina wrote:no; unless someone snores badly or is a restless sleeper.

This. My parents have to sleep in separate bedrooms my mom snores so bad.
TX_CO_Matt

Postby little_tigress » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:21 pm

I've actually pondered this for myself if I should ever get married. Sleep and I really haven't been friends for most of my life. Over the last year, there seems to be a reconciliation of sorts. But I tend to be a rather light sleeper most nights, so I do wonder if separate beds might be a good idea in that situation.

But then again, one of my love languages is touch and being physically close (referring purely to actual closeness and sleeping. nothing more :P) would be a wonderful thing in and of itself so I do want to share a bed with my husband. But I do see why some may choose separate beds or even separate rooms.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Kenobi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:09 am

I think it depends on the couple. Some people (like me) have a hard time sleeping and don't want to keep their spouse awake, so some nights it's better for both of us if we're not in the same bed. I don't think being in separate beds has to mean that you're not close as a couple.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby Miles » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I think it's good to have options. Couples should do whatever works best for them.
Miles

Postby Ethnog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Miles wrote:I think it's good to have options. Couples should do whatever works best for them.

This
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Spunkn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:38 am

Sounds pretty stupid / weird to me unless it's for health reasons or something like that. Snoring you can do things to help or take care of it now days.
Spunkn

Postby Fremdin » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:12 pm

I personally like the idea of having separate bedrooms. I need a space that is wholly mine to be happy. Realistically I'm not ever going to be with someone i can be with 24 hours a day. I'm a loner by nature and even though I will love my husband and cherish our time together, I still need a retreat. He can come to my room or I can go to his but i don't want to not have the option of being by myself.
Fremdin

Return to Married Life