Books on Marriage

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Books on Marriage

Postby little_tigress » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:35 am

Have you read any that you'd recommend?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Books on Marriage

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Books on Marriage

Postby Wesley » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 am

Well this thread went over like a lead balloon. :P

Okay, I confess that I have a lifelong habit of grazing through marriage books. I also confess that I get scared bloodless from reading the snippets here and there as I think "Wow, this is terrifying." Especially the ones that have long anecdotes and specific case studies. I love anecdotes, no matter where they are. I learn the best through them no matter what the topic is. However, anecdotes about marriage, at least the ones in every book on the topic that I've picked up, have left me breathless from running to the fireplace to set the thing on fire.

So all the titles that I've read have been lost in my mind, and I haven't had the courage to pick another one up for years. I will say that I listened to quite a few of the podcast "ONE Extraordinary Marriage" that is from a Christian couple sharing their own life in a very down to earth manner. I liked that; there was a lot of :shock: moments, but hey... it was very real, and very instructive and for that I owe them a lot... including being once again scared away from thinking about marriage for at least two years afterwards. :P

But seriously, they're great.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:57 am

hm.. podcasts, yes. I learned a lot listening to the "Real Marriage" series at Mars Hill. I even broke down and bought the book on my phone a few weeks back. That'll probably be my next read.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Kenobi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 am

little_tigress wrote:hm.. podcasts, yes. I learned a lot listening to the "Real Marriage" series at Mars Hill. I even broke down and bought the book on my phone a few weeks back. That'll probably be my next read.

Love that series so much.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Postby trentlogain » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:45 am

From the author of "The FIve Love Languages" comes "Happily Ever After: Six Secrets to a Successful Marriage"

I didn't read all of it. I just skimmed thru and gave it to a friend who is married.
trentlogain

Return to Married Life