Marriage isn't for You

A place for discussions surrounding marriage. Marrieds and singles welcome.

Marriage isn't for You

Postby little_tigress » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 am

My cousin posted this on facebook today and, even as a single woman, I found myself silently cheering along as I read. I'm so glad to see things like this going viral because I think it is a good reminder of what marriage really is.

http://sethadamsmith.com/2013/11/02/mar ... t-for-you/
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Marriage isn't for You

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Marriage isn't for You

Postby Zombie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 am

A fantastic reminder.
Zombie

Postby mina » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I finally got around to reading this after it's been shared umpteen times on my FB. I agree with it. One of the wisest bits of advice I've ever gotten about marriage is that it's not 50/50 , marriage is not even 100/100; it's both sides giving 110%. Asking, "What can I do for my spouse to make their life easier and better" everyday. It's scary b/c you can't control what the other person is doing and it's not always easy.....but it's worth it. marriage is indeed a ministry in and of itself.
mina

Postby Beauty4Ashes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 am

Yup
Beauty4Ashes

Return to Married Life