seen any good movies lately?

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby mina » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:25 pm

We saw Mockingjay last night. A lot of people haven't liked it, but I thought it was really good and mostly true to the book. I liked that Effie Trinket is in the movie; I missed her from the 3rd book. I can't wait for the last one!
I also really want to see the new Cinderella movie! We saw a preview for it last night and it looked so good I nearly cried! The costumes alone are enough to make me weep with joy!
mina

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wesley » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:59 am

I literally have no idea what's in theaters lately. I keep hearing something about Guardians of the Galaxy. I hear that Johnny Depp made another flop. Is Brad Pitt in anything? Is Shia Lewhatever still walking around with a bag on his head? Did Leo ever get an Oscar?
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 am

Just finished watching the 5 year engagement. The first half was good and funny. But then it just dragged on.

Also. Leo will never win an Oscar.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:29 am

Just finished watching the Trials of Cate MaCall. The first 3/4s was good. The ending was weak though.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 am

The Kingsmen. I was invited to see it with a friend and some friends of said friend this afternoon. It was a-maz-ing. There was one random sort of sex scene that was completely out of place in keeping with the vibe of the movie, but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Do yourself a favour and go see it.
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:05 am

I watched Under the Tuscan Sun today. It was so lovely.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby sketcher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:27 am

I saw Run All Night. It's Taken meets Road To Perdition. Instead of seething with anger, Liam Neeson is seething with regret. Joel Kinnaman's character is hard to get a read on. And Ed Harris now looks like the Cryptkeeper.
sketcher

Postby mina » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:20 pm

We saw Cinderella. It was a feast for the eyes; beautiful scenery and costumes. I thought it was quite refreshing. It was obviously geared towards kids and it was nice to see a kid's movie that wasn't all about being rude, sassy , and disrespectful to be "smart" and "cute". I thought it had a really good and pure "message" and I was especially touched by the way both the adult Cinderella and the prince treat their parents; it was about cherishing family and even if you don't agree you respect your older parents.
mina

Postby Miss Spaulding » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm more on a TV streak right now since my shows are back on, but the last movie I saw that I actually loved was the new Cinderella. After Maleficent, which I hated, I kind of assumed Cinderella would be pretty bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was very well done, incredibly touching, and absolutely gorgeous. So colorful and the whole set/art direction was lovely. It made me feel like how Disney movies used to be 25+ years ago.
“I will cling to the rope God has thrown me in Jesus Christ, even when my numb hands can no longer feel it.”
-Sophie Scholl
Miss Spaulding

Postby sketcher » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. If you like horror-comedies, it's a must. (It also has Wash from Firefly, for all you browncoats out there.)
sketcher

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment