seen any good movies lately?

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

seen any good movies lately?

Postby little_tigress » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 am

I'm so bad sometimes. I'm usually pretty busy and don't go to movies very often. And usually don't have any idea of whats actually playing.

Sooo... what movies have you seen lately? what are they about? would you recommend them?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Canada

seen any good movies lately?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Deacon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 pm

You know I haven't seen a movie in the theatre's since....I think World War Z....and it was blah...but I did see Man of Steel and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Deacon
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Touma » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 am

The Heat was funny, though quite vulgar.

Warm Bodies was giggle worthy too.


I've also started watching a lot of my old films. Salvador, Platoon, Talk Radio, Wallstreet, The Mexico Trilogy, etc.
Touma
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 am

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Wesley » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 am

Deacon wrote:You know I haven't seen a movie in the theatre's since....I think World War Z....and it was blah...but I did see Man of Steel and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've heard good things about Man of Steel! Can you believe the last comic book based movie I saw was Spiderman 1? Yes, I'm lame. (And yes, I know, I know... graphic novel, not comic book :D )

So I'm also lame in that I don't go to the movies, but I wait until something comes out online (legit online, not torrenting people). Gran Torino was the last movie I saw. It was good, and not what I thought it was going to be. Lots to think about.

The movie that I'm anticipating now is "You're Next" which was indie released a few years ago, but is now being re-released on a big label. In the mean time, I think I'm going to go on a Mark Wahlberg spree and watch a bunch of his movies in a row.
User avatar
Wesley
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Zombie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 pm

little_tigress wrote:I'm so bad sometimes. I'm usually pretty busy and don't go to movies very often. And usually don't have any idea of whats actually playing.

Sooo... what movies have you seen lately? what are they about? would you recommend them?


The last movie I saw in theaters was The Raven, and it was horrible. I do have a job doing trailer checks (to judge audience reactions to trailers), and the only good trailer I've seen lately is for Frozen, a kids' movie about a bumbling snowman with allergies.
Image
User avatar
Zombie
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Zombie wrote:
little_tigress wrote:I'm so bad sometimes. I'm usually pretty busy and don't go to movies very often. And usually don't have any idea of whats actually playing.

Sooo... what movies have you seen lately? what are they about? would you recommend them?


The last movie I saw in theaters was The Raven, and it was horrible. I do have a job doing trailer checks (to judge audience reactions to trailers), and the only good trailer I've seen lately is for Frozen, a kids' movie about a bumbling snowman with allergies.



I really am out of the loop. I don't think I've heard of either of those :D Sounds like a fun job :)

Last movie I saw was the new Despicable Me, that was my treat to myself on my birthday. It was cute. I don't think it was worth all the buzz going around, but cute nonetheless.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Canada

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:55 pm

I made a deal with my little bro- he comes to my movies and I will go with him to his choices. So I last saw Superman in the theaters.

I thought it was fine. Not something I would want to watch again. The last movie I picked was Iron Man 4 and it was fantastic. I totally want to rent it and watch it again.

Last night while I made dinner I had the new version of Your's, Mine & Our's on Netflix. I prefer the old version but this one is fairly funny.
User avatar
Amber
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby little_tigress » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

I bought the new version of Yours, Mine & Ours a few years ago sight unseen because I loved the original and thought, "how bad could it be?" Plus it was like $5. I didn't care much for it though.

I think my view was, "why fix something that was already pretty awesome?" =)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Canada

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Wesley » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:20 am

Amber wrote:I made a deal with my little bro- he comes to my movies and I will go with him to his choices. So I last saw Superman in the theaters.

Okay, but what was the last movie you made him go to with you? :P
User avatar
Wesley
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Postby Sara » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 am

Grown Ups 2 was pretty funny.
Love always wins.
User avatar
Sara
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:22 am
Location: Dumas, Texas, USA

Next

Return to Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About us

ChattyChristians.com is a place for Christians of all walks to chat, discuss, and fellowship with one another. We seek to live out our mission statement with humility and sincerity.

Have questions? Contact us at support@chattychristians.com or join ChattyChristians.com and submit a question to our Member Help Desk. You might also be interested in our FAQ and Privacy Policy.

cron