Movies That Made You Cry

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Re: Movies That Made You Cry

Postby SweetDee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 am

Stepmom. I watched it the other day. Bawled like a child. Every. Single. Time.
I don't drink coffee, sir, I don't drink hot liquids of any kind. That's the Devil's temperature.
SweetDee

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Deacon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:28 am

Forrest Gump
Braveheart
Blackhawk Down
Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey
Old Yella
The Lion King
Cars (only when the Find Yourself Ending Credits come on. Good song)
Saving Private Ryan
We Were Soldiers
Marley and Me

There are more I can't think of them.
Deacon

Postby MacFall » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Current Facebook status:

"Well, frack. I finally saw Les Miserables, and it now not only joins the elite company of the no more than four movies ever to make me cry, but holds the distinct honor of being the only movie ever to make me cry more than once.

I protest that they were manly tears."
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby little_tigress » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:04 pm

I definitely cried during that one, Mac.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby MacFall » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:53 am

I don't know anyone that saw it (and liked it) who didn't at least choke up.
MacFall

Postby Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm

I (and my four sisters) walked out of Les Miserables when Hugh tried to sing "Bring Him Home".

All the singing was so terrible that it butchered one of my favorite musicals. Other than Eponine. She was brilliant.

What parts made y'all cry?
Amber

Postby Heather » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Brave.
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby MacFall » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Amber wrote:I (and my four sisters) walked out of Les Miserables when Hugh tried to sing "Bring Him Home".

All the singing was so terrible that it butchered one of my favorite musicals. Other than Eponine. She was brilliant.

To each his own, I guess. But I don't think one can say it was "bad" in an objective sense. It was natural, like musical drama used to be before Opera came along and established "rules" about what dramatic singing "had to be". I appreciate both for what they are meant to be. And it really couldn't have been any different, considering that they filmed everything at one time on-set: there could be no lip-syncing to prerecorded stuff.

You get either good acting or good singing. Can't have both. Although you're right, Eponine was exceptional. But exceptions don't fill film casts. You either get natural or you get "good" according to Mozart's standards.

What parts made y'all cry?

I started to choke up at What Have I Done? Held strong through Fontine's death. First tears were shed when Gavroche cried at the death of Eponine, mostly because I remember from the book that they were siblings.

Full on waterworks from the death of Jean Valjean all the way through the closing anthem.
MacFall

Postby Edwards1984 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:31 am

The directing and editing made me cry.

"Please, director, I beg you, hold a shot for more than three seconds. No, don't keep the camera in a close shot of their face the entire solo, you fool! AAAUGH HAW HAW HAW FORGET IT..." *bawls*
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby MacFall » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:12 am

How else would you film a stage production? Sheesh. :p
MacFall

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment