Movies That Made You Cry

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Re: Movies That Made You Cry

Postby Edwards1984 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Amber wrote:Pearl Harbor?

I cried at the end of that movie...

...because it was finally over. Thank goodness! :D
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Marycita » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:37 am

So so so many movies make me teary. It'd probably be easier to list which ones don't.

But I completely bawl for a few movies - Passion of the Christ, A Little Princess, Little Women, Schindler's List, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

There are probably others but they are not on my mind at the moment. And there was one movie about Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights movement that we watched on tv at my aunts when I was, I think 12. It was SO powerful, and I cannot remember for the life of me what the name of it was. That was actually the first time I cried in a movie, and I haven't stopped since ha!

And I have gotten at least teary in I think all the Harry Potter movies.
Marycita

Postby Sara » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:17 am

I cry over lots of movies.
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby little_tigress » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:08 am

A walk to remember, I found it entirely too cheesy to cry at the end of. I mean I do enjoy it, but its just not realistic enough for me to get so emotionally involved that I would cry. But yes. Shane West is a lovely specimen.

The Notebook, I may or may not have cried during... Its not entirely realistic either. but... <3
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 am

smacarena wrote:Smacarena's tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cries. Unless it's the ending of "Forrest Gump."

This, minus the Forrest Gump part..... I HATED that movie with a passion.... it was in my top 5 most hated movies........ until Napoleon Dynamite, that movie will likely forever remain at number 1..... people say its so stupid its funny....... I think they over shot the mark..... its so stupid its...... stupid.

Its the ONLY movie I have EVER had the misfortune of spending 10-20 minutes watching.... and I became physically angry...... I was at a friends he said "Dude you have to watch this movie its so funny" after 10-20 mins.... I told him "If you dont change this to something else....... I will take that TV and smash it.... over your head if I must. (Paraphrasing, but the message remains the same)

He changed it and I didn't have to buy a new TV or find a new friend. :D

If I hear that actor say "GAAAAWWWHHHH" one more time....... I may snap and kill humanity myself. :|

A movie has never effected me like that....... but...... it was so stupid and annoying, I just wanted to watch the world burn because of it.
Toro

Postby Miles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 am

Miles

Postby Wren » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:42 pm

My Life was also a cry movie for me. With that movie, Forrest Gump, Beaches, and Pay Forward, there is a definite pattern. I feel sad at some other happenings in movies, but a major character dying at the end of a movie gets me, even if it's not a surprise death like My Life.
Wren

Postby Marycita » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:09 am

Oh I thought of another one: Life is Beautiful
Marycita

Postby TX_CO_Matt » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 am

Field of Dreams
Seven Pounds (when I saw it the second time)
TX_CO_Matt

Postby Edwards1984 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 pm

I'd like to add Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 to my original list.

I won't give away spoilers, but suffice to say I cried at the scene where a certain character got a certain bit of character development. Those who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment