summer book club?

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

summer book club?

Postby little_tigress » Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 am

I'm not entirely sure how this would work, but I just had a thought, since we have a few bookworms amongst us, that it might be fun for some of us to pick a book to read together over the summer. Maybe we'd read a chapter or two a week and then come back here and post our thoughts?

or let me know if you have thoughts and if this is something you'd be interested in.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

summer book club?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: summer book club?

Postby mina » Tue May 26, 2015 1:06 am

I'd be interested. But I would not be able to start for about 4 more weeks.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Tue May 26, 2015 1:09 am

OK. That's totally fine, that should give us some time to figure out what we want to read :)
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Who readin' what?

I started reading "Kissing Doorknobs" at the mention of a friend. It's a really eye opening portrayal of someone's struggle with OCD since childhood, only they of course didn't know it was OCD nor did the adults in the child's life. Reminds me very much of my own experiences. :|

Of course, just because I started reading it doesn't mean I've finished it yet... I'm getting there. Promise.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Oh man, I totally let this fall by the way side :/

Anyone still interested in choosing something?

(I'm reading The Lifeboat http://www.amazon.com/The-Lifeboat-Nove ... 0316185914 - it's like The Titanic meets Lord of the Flies. Really really really good)
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:06 am

If I could ever finish a book, I'd like to get into some more William Gibson. I read Neuromancer a while back with much enjoyment. I'd like to continue down that path he laid.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:53 pm

So you like fiction with a futuristic premise?

Ever read The Chrysalids by John Wyndham?
little_tigress

Return to Entertainment