sequel to To Kill A Mockingbird being published

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Postby little_tigress » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 pm

What do you think about it? Will you be buying it when it's released?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: sequel to To Kill A Mockingbird being published

Postby mina » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 pm

It makes my heart beat fast i'm so excited. Lee wrote this even before she wrote TKAM, so I find it completely interesting how all of this came about. I will be buying this, and reading it with my feet propped up and a glass of lemonade or tea in my hand, come July.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 am

You know whats sad? I've never actually read To Kill A Mocking Bird. Its been on my to-read list forever, but never got around to it. I need to order another book this weekend though, and I'm going to add TKAM to my list :)

Apparently there is some controversy surrounding the new book though.

http://hellogiggles.com/harper-lee-concerns-mockingbird
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:08 am

It's a wonderful book. I just read it myself for the first time a few years ago.

My sister is probably not going to read the sequel because she doesn't trust the people around Harper Lee.
Wren

Postby mina » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:56 am

That is a sad article :( . I don't trust the people around her either.

To Kill a Mockingbird is probably one of my favorites if not favorite novel. It changes you. I never read it in school, but on my own when I was 12 or 13. The movie is fantastic too; it's beautifully acted and so true to the theme of the book. It also made me fall a little bit in love with Gregory Peck and Atticus.

"Mockingbirds don't do one thing except sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
mina

Postby Ethnog » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:02 pm

I wonder if she is having financial issues and was completely exploited.
Either way, I was so excite to hear this news. I can't wait to get my hands on it and I want a hard copy. Books like that don't feel right reading with the Kindel.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 pm

It's sad that she no longer has someone in her life who is truly looking out for her best interests.
little_tigress

Return to Entertainment