What are you watching, non-movie edition

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Postby Wesley » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 am

What TV shows, documentaries, and other non-movie things are you keeping occupied with?
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: What are you watching, non-movie edition

Postby Wesley » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:52 am

I'll respond to my own post, because I excel at being strange:

Just finished season 4 of Walking Dead. Not watching season 5 because... well... because it's not on NetFlix. :D I've been slowly chewing through Dexter if for no other reason than to see what the heck happened in the last season that apparently everyone hated. I'm towards the end of season 5 now. So far, so good.

Anyone watching American Horror Story? Orange is the new black?
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:26 am

I totally binged through the first two seasons of orange is the new black several months ago.

I really like the story lines buuuut due to it's extremely graphic nature, I couldn't in good conscience recommend that show to many people.

Although, who am I kidding? I'm the one who got you watching Dexter.

I'm just a terrible terrible person.

Currently I'm watching Gilmore Girls. It's funny... I remember when this first came on the air and I watched a couple of episodes and decided it was dumb and would probably be canceled after a couple of months.

Flash forward to the series finale seven years later and I was hooked and devastated that it was ending. Especially ending *that* way.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:10 pm

I've watched a few PBS documentaries on Netflix. The ones I've enjoyed the most were Nature ones. The one about plants was way more interesting that I expected. (And it's a little creepy. I'm reminded of it every time I smell freshly cut grass.) I also enjoyed the 3 part documentary about comics, though I can't remember the name of it.

The show WrenBaby loves to bits is Julius Jr. I blame Pandora. I have a Pandora station that I play for him during the day and one day it played the Julius Jr. theme song. He saw the cartoon animals album on the website, got excited like he never has about any other song, and gets super excited when I let him watch an episode. (I feel guilty for letting him watch some tv, but oh well. It makes him happy and lets me get some things done.)
Wren

Postby mina » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 am

I am rewatching Lost- usually on Friday nights when we both get home from work. I don't really like any current tv shows. I'll watch Reign if I happen to catch it, but it goes between boring and totally ridiculous so I halfway don't care anymore. I used to love Awkward, but this season stinks and I hate all the characters now. I guess the only current tv show I keep up with is the Soup. I used to watch Nashville and I liked it , but I haven't caught it at all this season.
mina

Postby Wesley » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:56 am

Can you believe I've never seen Lost? Like, not even snippets of it. I have virtually no idea what it's about... except that it has something to do with people being stranded on an island after a plane crash, and people hated the ending. I should move to Lost after Dexter.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Ethnog » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:48 am

Madame secretary
Hawaii five-o
Bad judge

Today I watch mysteries of Laura and I liked it. Debra Messing is hilarious.
And Ive been watching the voice.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby mina » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Wesley wrote:Can you believe I've never seen Lost? Like, not even snippets of it. I have virtually no idea what it's about... except that it has something to do with people being stranded on an island after a plane crash, and people hated the ending. I should move to Lost after Dexter.

You should watch it. Seasons 1-3 are pretty good. By season 4 or 5 it starts to go off the rails. If I remember correctly that is when the writer's strike happened so I think they got mostly new writers for season 4 and the season was split into a weird halfway point. It went on hiatus in the winter and didn't come back until the spring so most viewers lost a little interest. To try and win people back , I guess production just thought up crazy stuff to pull people back in. And several of the lead actors wanted to leave for other projects so they were killed off or what not and it never really made sense. and that one girl that played Anna Lucia got fired for getting drunk and damaging property repeatedly in Hawaii, but her character stunk in the first place so it was a blessed relief.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 pm

I never did understand why Anna Lucia was even on the show.

I'm still mad about the last season.. It had a lot of potential to be an epic one. I have a love/hate relationship with Lost. Awesome show, but I'll never forgive the writers :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby mina » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Michele Rodriguez was a big name back then. They probably wrote a part for her in order to draw ratings. But her character was truly awful. And all her drunken shennanigans off set made her unreliable. At least she killed Shannon.
mina

Next

Return to Entertainment