Any Concert Goers Here?

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Any Concert Goers Here?

Postby trentlogain » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 am

I went to Winterjam Sunday night and had a blast, (Newboys, Lecrae, Newsong, Thousand Foot Crutch, Love & the Outcome, Plumb)

For me, Tenth Avenue North stole the show. What energy. Those guys came with an anointing and a lot of people left with the same blessing.
trentlogain

Any Concert Goers Here?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Any Concert Goers Here?

Postby Fremdin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Sounds like fun. I used to go to quite a few concerts but it's slowed down some. The last one I went to was David Rawlings Machine at the Bijou in Knoxville. It was awesome!
Fremdin

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I used to love the job I had a few years back. I worked at an auditorium, so I'd get paid to see all different kinds of shows. For six years straight I'd see all kinds of concerts. Even worked for a Juno Awards night (Canadian version of the grammies. And not the actual awards show, but a concert connected to it).

I really miss that job. If I had the time and energy, I would totally apply to one of the places here.

but anyways, I think the last concert I saw where I wasn't being paid to see it... was Josh Groban. And that was a couple of summers ago.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Miles » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:47 pm

LT, I seem to recall that you even got to see Elton John while working there. Must've been amazing. I still haven't seen him or Billy Joel, but I'd like to. One of these days...

At the moment, I'm thinking about buying tickets for the upcoming Weezer show.
Miles

Postby Wesley » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:03 am

I feel too old to go to concerts anymore. I'd go to a Deftones concert in a hearbeat if they made it to Phoenix, though. Maybe Cannibal Corpse too... :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 am

Miles wrote:LT, I seem to recall that you even got to see Elton John while working there. Must've been amazing. I still haven't seen him or Billy Joel, but I'd like to. One of these days...

At the moment, I'm thinking about buying tickets for the upcoming Weezer show.

Not Elton John himself, but the Alberta Ballet created a ballet around his work. He apparently did come to see it one night when I was there, according to a reporter I talked to. But I think he slipped in through the stage doors after the show started so I never saw him :(

The ballet was *amazing* though. I'm hoping it comes to my new city sometime because I want to see it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJ509kW7Gk
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby TX_CO_Matt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm not really a huge fan of concerts. I really don't ever feel the need to pay $30 to see my favorite bands play songs I can listen to for free. Yeah, there is some show to concerts and stuff, but I'm not really into them. I usually go if my friends are going to hang out with them.
TX_CO_Matt

Postby little_tigress » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Concerts are lots of fun. But yeah usually more fun if you go with someone.

That being said, I've gone to concerts alone and enjoyed myself.

If Celine Dion ever comes to my city, I'm going. With or without someone.
little_tigress

Postby Fremdin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:10 am

Willie Watson will be at the DownHome on 4/4 if any one wants to do a Meet up
Fremdin

Postby Wesley » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:13 am

Fremdin wrote:Willie Watson will be at the DownHome on 4/4 if any one wants to do a Meet up

Wish I was closer. I'd totally go. Phoenix is pretty mainstream, to my knowledge.
Wesley
Site Admin

Next

Return to Entertainment