Any Concert Goers Here?

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Re: Any Concert Goers Here?

Postby Fremdin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:31 am

I almost bought what I call a Tucson purse the other day. The squares at work don't get how awesome it is. It's cowhide and leather and there is a scene embossed in leather of a couple dancing in front of those cacti they have in AZ.

It's pretty sweet. I wish I had got it.
Fremdin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wesley » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:42 am

Fremdin wrote:I almost bought what I call a Tucson purse the other day. The squares at work don't get how awesome it is. It's cowhide and leather and there is a scene embossed in leather of a couple dancing in front of those cacti they have in AZ.

It's pretty sweet. I wish I had got it.

Saguaro! Yeah they're everywhere here, and they're protected so you can't cut one down without permission, even if it's diseased and decaying. The neighbors have some, but there's none on my property. There's a organ pipe cactus (Stenocereus thurberi) and a pricky pear cactus (opuntia) in the yard as well as grapefruit and orange (in fact, I need to pick some of the grapefruit tomorrow). Note: Sagurao cactus are way larger than you think until you're next to one.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby MacFall » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:12 am

Not as many as I'd like to go to. As far as Christian music goes I've seen TFK, Newsboys, Sonic Flood and Undermine the Common. Otherwise, I've seen Rush (one of the best evenings of my life, that one), Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Dave Matthews, After the Fall, and I've been to various folk, punk/hardcore and metal shows featuring a multitude of small-name bands.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby little_tigress » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:20 am

Trans-Siberian!! Lucky - I'd love to see them perform sometime.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby waves16 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:20 am

I live on an island in the middle of nowhere, so big concerts here are few and far between.

I have been to one "real" concert in my life, a friend and I bought plane tickets to Ottawa to see Fleetwood Mac last year. My all time favourite band. We were in the front row, literally. Mere feet from Lindsey Buckingham. Right in front of his mic. Oh my goodness, it was one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced, I still get giddy thinking about it.
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Postby Touma » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:15 pm

Last concert I saw was Luis Enrique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufgkl8r-gqY . I think it was two years ago?

Before that, I think it was .38 Special, Kansas, and Reo Speedwagon. I've also gone to Styx, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Chris Tomlin, Mark Schultz
Touma

Postby Touma » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Touma wrote:Last concert I saw was Luis Enrique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufgkl8r-gqY . I think it was two years ago?

Before that, I think it was .38 Special, Kansas, and Reo Speedwagon. I've also gone to Styx, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Chris Tomlin, Mark Schultz

Oh wait, I also 'saw' Demon Hunter. By that, I mean they were playing at an event at a church near me, and I didn't pay to get in. Instead, I watched them from a sidewalk. :P
Touma

Previous

Return to Entertainment