What Are You Reading--Entertainment Edition

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Re: What Are You Reading--Entertainment Edition

Postby Ethnog » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:39 pm

I fell like that is the new trend lately and people are buying into it, especially men who have been raped or sexually abused by women.

I get very angry at such subject so I stay away from any books or conversations on it.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby little_tigress » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 pm

little_tigress wrote:My boss gave me a bunch of Stephen King books for Christmas. So right now I'm halfway through Revival.

I finished this yesterday and surprisingly, he gave half the gospel at the end of the book. The damning half that leaves one with no hope, but hey.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:59 am

I'm considering making up for a good literature education in my high school years by reading Gravity's Rainbow. Anyone read it?
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:28 am

Never heard of it. I shall commence googling shortly.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:56 am

And thanks to Wikipedia, I now know what it is. Looks like it'd be an interesting read, actually. Of you read it, post your thoughts.

I'm about 3/4 done with Under The Dome by Stephen King. I like it, but wow, it's disturbing.

Up to this point, I couldn't get past that Stephen King seemed to take the basic plot from The Simpsons Movie for this story (in that one, the EPA dropped a dome over Springfield for its heavy pollution). But now the story is really coming together and I'm starting to get an idea of what's behind the dome, so I'm more intrigued now.
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 am

And I just finished Under The Dome

Stephen King has a very warped mind. But I can appreciate it.

I'm also gleaning patterns in his latest books about faith and God, and it really makes me wonder what his personal views are.
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 am

little_tigress wrote:And I just finished Under The Dome

Stephen King has a very warped mind. But I can appreciate it.

I'm also gleaning patterns in his latest books about faith and God, and it really makes me wonder what his personal views are.

For anyone as nerdy as me and actually interested in this, after a quick Google search I found this. Which, I'll be honest, kinda surprised me.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05 ... nt-design/
little_tigress

Postby I am at my wits end » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Midnight in Siberia: A Train Journey Into The Heart of Russia, David Greene
Jessica A Bruno (I am my wits end)
I am at my wits end

Postby little_tigress » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 pm

I finished this book this morning. My first French novel. 397 pages. Weee.

It's the French translation of this book. And i'd recommend it. I think especially in light of the racial issues in the states and the history of racial tension, it's pretty relevant.

http://www.malorieblackman.co.uk/index. ... crosses-2/
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:20 am

I'm waiting for my new French novels to arrive, and I needed a little French break anyway, so I started reading The Help. I just finished it and I don't mind sharing that I totally cried at the end.
little_tigress

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment