What Are You Reading--Entertainment Edition

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Re: What Are You Reading--Entertainment Edition

Postby little_tigress » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:44 am

I feel like you`re pretty dead on, Mina. Those were the feelings I`ve had about her for a long time, although I`ll admit that I really don`t know much about her. I think she was an unhappy person, but she made choices that made it worse. I think she got into a cycle that she didnt know how to get out of or didn`t want to because she knew it also helped her career.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mina » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 am

She had a horrible childhood. I think a lot she couldn't control stemmed from that. But, she loved being seen as weak , a dumb blonde, etc... even though men used her, she also used her projected image to get what she wanted and to further her fame. Even when she didn't have to do so.
mina

Postby I am at my wits end » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 pm

When Books Went to War: The Stories That Helped Us Win World War II, Molly Guptill Manning
Jessica A Bruno (I am my wits end)
I am at my wits end

Postby I am at my wits end » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Exodus: A Memoir, Deborah Feldman
I am at my wits end

Postby Wren » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:23 am

I got two books from the library, though I'm not sure which one I'll read first. It's either Songs of Willow Frost or Land of Love and Drowning.
Wren

Postby I am at my wits end » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 am

Russian Tattoo: A Memoir, Elena Gorokova
I am at my wits end

Postby I am at my wits end » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:27 pm

American Saint: The Life of Elizabeth Seton, Joan Barthel and Forward by Maya Angelou
I am at my wits end

Postby little_tigress » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:00 am

My boss gave me a bunch of Stephen King books for Christmas. So right now I'm halfway through Revival.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:38 am

This year I have been more offended by books than ever before. First was the grossly idiotic Gone Girl. Then I try to read Land of Love and Drowning. So many places, including NPR highly recommended it and I loved the idea of a multi-generational tale set in the U.S. Virgin Islands written by a woman from there. Too bad the book (early on) romanticizes the sexual abuse of a child. So disturbing on a couple of different levels. Definitely put that book down like it was on fire.
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:10 am

Oh wow, thats quite disturbing :/ I'll be sure to stay away from that one.
little_tigress

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment