What Are You Reading--Entertainment Edition

Discuss movies, TV, music, books, and anything that entertains the eyes, ears, and mind.

Postby Wren » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:24 pm

I recently finished Every Body Matters by Gary Thomas and will soon start on The Last Word by Lisa Lutz (which I believe is the last book in the Spellman series).
Last edited by Wren on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wren

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: What Are You Reading Now?

Postby Amber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 pm

I just bought these at the used book store yesterday. I've read them before and decided they were good enough to own. I will probably end up finsishing both this weekend.

Amber

Postby Marycita » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm still reading East of Eden (for the umpteenth time). I haven't had a lot of time to read lately, but this next week I will and I am super excited about it :D

And Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, with my husband.
Marycita

Postby Heather » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:42 pm

The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden.
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby mina » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Up the Down staircase
mina

Postby Marycita » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:01 am

I just read and finished Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. That was good for me to read. I am too much of a worrier and I needed some reminders that were in that book :D

Now I'm still reading East of Eden, but I've also started a book my MIL wrote :)
Marycita

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 am

Trying to read "Be Equipped" on Deuteronomy by Warren Wiersbe. Having a hard time settling down to read though. Failing miserably.

be equipped.png
be equipped.png (112.42 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Fremdin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 am

I just finished reading; "Satan is Real: the Ballad of the Louvin Brothers" by Charlie Louvin and some other guy I can't remember. It's about the Louvin Brothers of course and its really pretty good. It has great stories from the early days of the Opry and what not.
Fremdin

Postby Wesley » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 am

Fremdin wrote:I just finished reading; "Satan is Real: the Ballad of the Louvin Brothers" by Charlie Louvin and some other guy I can't remember. It's about the Louvin Brothers of course and its really pretty good. It has great stories from the early days of the Opry and what not.

I just had to Google them. I'm so sorry. You hate me now don't you. :D Here I thought I knew old-time country music a little bit, but I guess I was mistaken.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Fremdin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:52 am

Wesley wrote:
Fremdin wrote:I just finished reading; "Satan is Real: the Ballad of the Louvin Brothers" by Charlie Louvin and some other guy I can't remember. It's about the Louvin Brothers of course and its really pretty good. It has great stories from the early days of the Opry and what not.

I just had to Google them. I'm so sorry. You hate me now don't you. :D Here I thought I knew old-time country music a little bit, but I guess I was mistaken.

Of course I don't hate you. They are out of fashion and unless you are into old country music I understand not knowing them. It's a good book though
Fremdin

Next

Return to Entertainment