What's your next step?

Enter into respectful conversation concerning biblical topics. Be prepared to engage in mature dialog. Personal attacks and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.

What's your next step?

Postby smackus maxiumus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 am

One of the things my church stresses is that life is a series of next steps. It gets a bit cliche, but the more I think about it the more I think it's the truth.

For example, your next step could be reaching out to someone you need to forgive. You might need to start trusting God with your money. God might want you to start volunteering at a certain place.

I suppose it's a way of making our walk with Jesus and life seem more manageable. Rather than taking everything at once, you bite off a bit at a time.

What do you think? What do you think God's calling you to do next?
smackus maxiumus

What's your next step?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: What's your next step?

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:00 pm

There are lots of next steps I need to take and some that I am taking. One in particular is that I am going to be mentoring a younger mom. At her request, I am going to walk with her through a spiritual maturity Bible study. I am excited about it, but nervous at the same time. Holding people accountable to growth that needs to happen can be a tricky thing. I think my main approach is just going to be modeling the right behavior by focusing on sharing examples of how I have grown as a woman, wife and mom - and ways that I am continuing to grow.

We are starting next week, so prayers that God uses me to impact her life would be appreciated.
FLGator_Chicky

Postby smackus maxiumus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:38 pm

That'll be awesome!
smackus maxiumus

Postby Heather » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Wow, I think I have next steps to work on everyday, and often it's the same thing I've been working on for a while. Like I'm repeatedly working on being more diligent about my Bible study, holding my tongue, thinking of others. Sometimes my next step is to move forward, like my schooling, but most of the time it's repetition to try again.
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby Heather » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm

And praying, FL!
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby Edwards1984 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Step 1) Be saved by faith in Christ.
Step 2) Grow in Christ through faith.

Right now I think God is using marriage to help me continue in Step 2.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby smackus maxiumus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Edwards1984 wrote:Step 1) Be saved by faith in Christ.

That's a bit broad. I was wondering about smaller steps in life.
smackus maxiumus

Postby Edwards1984 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:22 pm

smacarena wrote:
Edwards1984 wrote:Step 1) Be saved by faith in Christ.

That's a bit broad. I was wondering about smaller steps in life.

Step 5: SMELL THE FOOT!!
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Postby Wesley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:25 am

This is I think rather well timed that I stumbled on this after having been away from the forums for about two months. My next step is to simply read the Bible more and study it seriously. Simple as that.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Spunkn » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:53 pm

Finish the semester. Continue to step outside my comfort zone and get myself involved in things that are outside of that comfort zone.
Spunkn

Next

Return to Bible Studies