What Are You Reading--Bible Edition

Enter into respectful conversation concerning biblical topics. Be prepared to engage in mature dialog. Personal attacks and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.

Re: What Are You Reading--Bible Edition

Postby smackus maxiumus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm in a Bible-reading plan on YouVersion that gives you 10 chapters a day to read, and they're mixed and matched from the New/Old Testaments with some parts repeating. For instance, you'll go through Isaiah once, but you'll continually read through Proverbs. At least that's been my experience so far. I'll be an expert on Acts soon. :)
smackus maxiumus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MacFall » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm halfway through Philippians. I've been reading through a book in a couple of different versions, and then reading it again along with Tom Wright's commentary.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby Dedalus » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:28 am

Book of Luke
Dedalus

Postby Wren » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Mark
Wren

Postby Wesley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 am

I keep attempting to make it through James, and then things happen...
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby MoldySneakers » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 am

smacarena wrote:I'm in a Bible-reading plan on YouVersion that gives you 10 chapters a day to read, and they're mixed and matched from the New/Old Testaments with some parts repeating. For instance, you'll go through Isaiah once, but you'll continually read through Proverbs. At least that's been my experience so far. I'll be an expert on Acts soon. :)

The local retired Bishop suggested to me that reading a chapter of Proverbs a day and a Psalm a day were good bookends to any other bible reading you might do. Conveniently this means you'll read through Proverbs every month and the Psalms every 3 months.

I'm reading Malachi right now, but also preparing a lesson from John, Romans and 1 John for the little tykes. Although I don't have to do the exegesis stuff, that's already taken care of in the program.
I pity you, you of the mean intellects. You need to hold on so tight to your cherished opinions because to do otherwise would be to grow, and change is scary, and what is scary must be avoided.
MoldySneakers

Postby little_tigress » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm currently reading through one of my favourite books, Hebrews.

I think when I'm done reading through the Epistles, I'm going to go through the Pentateuch
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wesley » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:30 am

Matthew 26:47 through 27:26 for a children's church lesson this Sunday. It's going to be about how doing everything right, godly, and following god perfectly may mean you're lied about, beaten, and killed. I get tired of these anecdotes about people doing good and having immediate benefits or near-immediate vindication. That's possible but not doctrine.

And yes, I don't hold much back from the kiddos. Six years old? Yeah, we're going into he doctrine of propitiation. Buckle up. :)
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:42 am

little_tigress wrote:I'm currently reading through one of my favourite books, Hebrews.

I think when I'm done reading through the Epistles, I'm going to go through the Pentateuch

Took me a while, but I'm finally making good on this. I just made my way to Genesis 25.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Previous

Return to Bible Studies